Grand National Ramblings

I'm really looking forward to the race and the sub-plots. Can Synchronised win a gold cup and national in the same year? Can McCoy win 2 in 3 years? Can Ballyabriggs complete a double? Will Neptune Collonges break Nicholls duck? Can ShakalakaBoomBoom break Henderson's duck? Could Black Apalachi win as a 13yr old? Has ruby picked the right horse or is he letting his little sister be the 1st female jockey to win on Seabass? Then there are the stats, trends, hunches winks nods and Ramblings. 40 runners and Synchronised could go off at 5/1 fav off top weight, I won't be backing that, if he wins fair fcuk to him but it's not for me. JP is a man who likes a Horse or 3 and he has 4 in this race, 3 with Jonjo and 1 with Mullins, could the old goat let everyone concentrate on the fav and let 1 of the others sail to victory? Ted Walsh is another old goat, bringing a horse who hasn't run farther than 3m into the lineup with 7 wins on the trot, winning begets winning, then a horse doesn't like losing to anyone irrespective of distance! Hmmmm, as you can guess i've not put a bet on yet, but Ballabriggs will be placed 1-4 and a double is not off the cards so i have 1 for the docket. I backed Arbor Supreme last year, so he makes the docket as well. The rest I will leave till sat before i commit to more! If anyone would like to add there 2 pence worth feel free!! :ok

Re: Grand National Ramblings

The Aintree Grand National stats and trends. read em and weep! 9 &10 yr old's have the best record. but this year 8 & 11 yr olds might upset the form. Only 1 french bred winner in 100 years, french bred can be included if won at class 1 race of 3miles 2 furlongs. Irish trained have a good record. Old vic has sired a few winners, his record is very good. Horse has to have won over 3 miles plus. Mininum of 10 runs over fences. i've allowed for 9. Fallen no more than 2 times in career. Run over the national fences before an advantage. Over 11 stone 5' in weight has never won this race. Run within the previous 50 days. i've allowed for 60 in my calcs. Top 10 in betting has a great record for the winner. Won a chase of at least £17 Handicap rating between 135 and 157. Won against 12 or more rivals in any race. Run over hurdles this season, it keeps em fresh without the handicapper adding weight to them. 1- Killyglen 17/1 but 21/1 available 1- Sunnyhillboy 17/1 3- Shakalackaboomboom 15/1 4- Chicago Grey 17/1 5- Ballabriggs 15/1 6- Vic venturi 51/1 7- West end rocker 15/1

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.