Big Meetings Postdata

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Another couple of winners today at 11/1 & 4/5 so we're ticking along nicely at the meeting. Combined total below for the two days, BSP edging ahead of SP. I'm sure I'd have better profits if I went and sourced the prices earlier, then again not sure. Think Joviality was a best price 14s this morning. 2.30 Reply lost 3.05 Joviality won 11/1 3.45 So You Think won 4/5 4.25 Brae Hill lost 5.00 Delphica lost 5.35 Esenteppe lost To SP Bets 12 Wins 5 staked 12 profit 16.4 ROI 1.37 To BSP Bets 12 Wins 5 staked 12 profit 19.67 ROI 1.64

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Just the single winner today at 6/1 SP and I feel a bit of a fool as early doors it would have been 8s or so. BSP paid just under 6s as well. Still a small profit on the day and I was worried as I felt the rain could have made a mockery of things but looking at the day mostly horses prominent in the market won if not framed. I say that but only two favourites placed throughout the day, one of which was our 6/1 winner. I think we survived a tough day intact. Really liking the consistency of this approach. Thought after Cheltenham it might be a blip but it's holding up nicely although I'm testing this for a year. It suits me betting, just on the big days as I find the regular stuff just too mundane by far. Anyway, today's returns and the SP/BSP figures for the 3 days of the meeting. 2.30 Cay Verde lost 3.05 Vow lost 3.45 Saddlers Rock 3rd 9/2 4.25 Fast or Free won 6/1 5.00 Wrotham Heath lost 5.35 Rocktherunway lost To SP Bets 18 Wins 6 staked 18 profit 17.4 ROI 0.97 To BSP Bets 18 Wins 6 staked 18 profit 20.31 ROI 1.13

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Well we stuttered to close Royal Ascot with a loss at SP of -4.84 on the day, slightly better at BSP. Three winning days then followed two losing ones. Highlight of the week for Postdata was Joviality on the Wednesday followed by Simenon on Tuesday although he, if indeed Postdata is a he, didn’t tip that horse up today when he went in again. To be fair Postdata had him second best on ratings behind Zuider Zee. So, from an SP high at close of play on the Thursday of 17.4 points, 20.31 at BSP, we close the meeting 9.16/12.11. That’s another profitable meeting for Postdata. To think you could spend hours looking at form, draw, going, jockeys,trainer form, course form, paying tipsters even, and the same logic would be applied. Today’s a good example. Each one of the six horses below were well thought of and fancied by many experts. I think the better quality racing, the more consistent are the results and logic prevails in many cases (and sometimes that logic is not the otherwise obvious favourite) whereas if you take a run of the mill day, you have a prevalence of maidens, sellers and handicaps where many are plainly not off. Any ‘logic’ can and does then take a hammering on those days. I’m going to start another thread from next week just concentrating on Postdata selections for the main Saturday meeting, again because of the principles outlined above. Let’s see if it can be as consistent. Here’s today's results and the final figures for the Royal meeting. 2.30 Move to Strike lost 3.05 Red Cadeaux 3rd 9/1 3.45 Black Caviar won 1/6 4.25 Colonel Mak lost 5.00 Cill Rialaig lost 5.35 Zuider Zee lost To SP Bets 30 Wins 8 staked 30 profit 9.16 ROI 0.31 To BSP Bets 30 Wins 8 staked 30 profit 12.11 ROI 0.40

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Totally agree with all you say bestmate. Postdata makes some good selections at the big meetings and better class races and there is value and profit to be made using his selections, I have got some good early prices on his selection. As mentioned I am tracking his selections in all class 2 and above races in the Uk and Ireland and am making profit to level stakes. Recent good selections where at Limerick yesterday in the listed race postadata selected Tannery a 11\1 winner, today Angels Will Fall 7\2 winner in listed race at Ayr 7\2 SP (9\2 available early on) as well as those you highlighted at Ascot. Level stake profit in G2, G3, Listed and Class 2 races, only G1 showing a loss so far this season. I did start a thread on this but am finding it hard to post selections and update on here due to time constraints and can not give the time neccesary to make the thread a success. Hats off to anybody who maintains a daily thread and can constantly update with accurate information, it is a lot harder than you think! Thanks to you for highlighting Postdata selections at big meetings. I am also tracking similar bets on NH racing although this has been limited so far. Keep up the good work, if you want any data or stats i have on my spreadsheet let me know.

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Thanks fellas. Smarty, even if you can't post regularly but you are still betting these, do continue letting us know, even afterwards, how you are getting on. I wouldn't be too concerned about Group 1s on their own just glad to see all higher quality races are making a level stakes profit. How bad are the Group 1s, surely not enough to turn the profits into losses? If you have stats, yes, I'd love to see these. Cheers.

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Just a quick summary of postdata selections so far. Group 1 16 bets/points 5 winners (Frankel x2, So You Think x 2 and Black Cavier) all odds on. Returns 7pts Loss of 9pts Group 2 15 bets/points 2 Winners. Returns 19pts Profit of 4pts Group 3 37 bets/points 12 winners Returns 41 pts Profit of 4pts Listed 59 bets/points 22 winners Returns 84 pts Profit of 25pts Class 2 77 bets/points 15 winners Returns 110 pts Profit of 33 pts All bets are 1 point win only. Returns are based on best early prices and BOG. SP returns would be less. This is UK and Ireland races and exclude the first few weeks of the season started 11th of April.

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Thanks Smarty That's very impressive, taking all results, that's a 57 point profit in a little over 2 months. It just shows this is a really sound base with higher quality racing. Let's see how we go throughout the remainder of the flat season proper and then with the jumps.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Big Meetings Postdata It all started well today but that was to be our one and only winner so a small loss for day 1 1.20 Shantaram won 9/4 1.50 Gale Force Ten lost 2.25 Fennell Bay lost 3.00 Red Cadeaux lost 3.35 Hasanan lost 4.05 Gabrial nr 4.40 Le Toreador lost To SP Bets 6 Wins 1 staked 6 profit -2.75 ROI -0.46 To BSP Bets 6 Wins 1 staked 6 profit -2.87 ROI -0.48

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Am not bothering with Galway as the racing isn't what I expect of a top class meeting regardless of the hype the local media (in Ireland) make of it. Just for noting, I'm not betting on these but these are Postdata's selections anyway. Meeting already underway. First race loser. 4.00 Discoteca 4.30 Kallellshan 5.00 Line Drummer 5.35 Prince Chapparal 6.10 Kanes Pass 6.40 Hay Point 7.10 Scienter I'll keep a record of how the meeting goes, but it's on until Sunday. Goodwood is different and that's starts tomorrow.

Re: Big Meetings Postdata 4.00 Discoteca 4.30 Kallellshan won 7/1, bsp 9.34 5.00 Line Drummer 5.35 Prince Chapparal 6.10 Kanes Pass won 14/1 bsp 22.0 6.40 Hay Point 7.10 Scienter What do I know? I saw none of it either, too busy watching the gymnastics and the swimming.

Re: Big Meetings Postdata A total blank at Galway today. Two winners at Goodwood, Noble Mission & Chachamaidee, will total up later. Today at Galway. One class race the 5.25, the rest fairly moderate fair. Still think racing wise this would be a brilliant 3 day festival. 3.00 Too Scoops 3.35 Kallelshan 4.10 Excellent As Usual 4.45 Circle 5.25 Alpine Eagle 6.00 Loreto 6.35 Fit The Cove 7.10 Tandem Goodwood Day 2 2.00 Trovare (Class 2 H) 2.35 Olympic Glory (Group 2) 3.10 Frankel (Group 1) 3.45 Misdemeanour (Class 2 H) 4.20 Pearl Sea (Class 2) 4.55 Ariyfa 5.30 White Frost

Re: Big Meetings Postdata Fulbright a 7/1 winner yesterday Saturday 2.05 Goodwood, Class 2 H, Head Space 2.40 Goodwood, Class 2 H, Roxy Flyer 3.15 Goddwood, Group 1, Izzi Top 3.55 Goodwood, Class 2 H, Atlantic Sport 4.30 Goodwood, Class 2, Improvisation 5.05 Goodwood, Class 2 H, Dominate 5.40 Goodwood, Borug