Return of the beaten favs (3rd year) +119.45pts in 50 days. FINISHED

Hello all and welcome to the return of the highly anticipated flat season. I've been doing this for the previous two years as I felt that beaten favourites were regularly underbet in their next race. Previous results are here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/115580-Return-of-the-Beaten-Favs-125-51pts-to-1pt-stakes-in-50-days-FINISHED?highlight= This year I'll be taking jump racing out, but other rules will remain the same. If this is your first time viewing a 'Return of the Beaten Favs' thread, it's worth noting that this has thrown up a 1,500/1 treble in the past!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return of the beaten favs (3rd year) No specific staking plan but bearing in mind last year's AW strike rate was 27%, it does allow plenty of scope to employ one. I'll probably ratchet the staking, so will invest a percentage of daily winnings into future bets. For the purpose of this thread, however, everything will be to 1pt win, using BFsp. You can get around paying 5% commission by using the multiples market and this also works for just one selection, although £2 is the minimum bet. You can have up to 8 multiples, although you cannot vary the stakes across individual selections, but this works well for the obviously higher odds doubles, trebles etc as you can keep stakes as low as you want providing that you cover the minimum bet.

Re: Return of the beaten favs (3rd year) First slight problem encountered: Primaeval won his last race on UK soil, then finished 2nd in Meydan. The BF notifications that I have set up elsewhere only include UK and Irish runs, so the gelding isn't showing up as a qualifier! I thought it would be a breeze this year, but it seems that things won't be that straightforward! New account set up with Skybet through PL link. £10 free bet on Primaeval :hope Unfortunately just missed out on 13/8 and had to take 6/4!

Re: Return of the beaten favs (3rd year) Mahfal was a bf over jumps and now coming back to the flat. I was notified that it was a qualifier but it wasn't showing on the racing post as a BF, which is strange as I'm sure they would have included it despite the circumstances in previous years. I was going to include a brief explanation of why I wouldn't include it when I posted up selections before deleting it but it seems that someone with eagle eyes is on my case :) Good job it lost! I won't be including any in future that are coming back from jumps as it's a totally different kind of race! Gold star, Elchubb!

Re: Return of the beaten favs (3rd year)

Day 6 - 5/4/12 Folkestone 3:10 Regal Approval NR 4:10 Shirataki 5:10 Tidal Run 1st @ 5.19

Flat 1/7

AW 1/6

-5.72pts

Tidal Run does the business after 252 days away from the track, whilst running at top weight. One of my favourite trainers in Mick Channon :) Available at 7/1 with a couple of firms earlier in the day, returned at 10/3. Personally, I managed to get 5/1 Now lets hope we can push on from here!