Jockey Corey Brown chasing Group Two Rosehill double

Some info for this Saturday's racing in NSW, Australia....... Today at 1:25pm By Mathew Toogood SYDNEY, March 29 AAP - Corey Brown renews acquaintances with one promising galloper and continues an association with another in search of a Group Two double at Rosehill on Saturday. Brown will jump back aboard Victorian galloper Speediness for the first time in more than 10 months in the Ajax Stakes (1500m). And in the Challenge Stakes (1100m) he is looking for exciting sprinter Rain Affair to return to his best back home in Sydney after suffering his first defeat in over a year in the Newmarket Handicap last start. Brown rode the COLIN Scott-trained Speediness to back-to-back seconds in the Hawkesbury and Scone Guineas last year. Speediness won two from two in Victoria to start this preparation before missing the start which halted his chances when fourth as favourite in the Group Two Blamey Stakes (1600m) last start. "I've ridden him a couple of times before for a couple of close seconds," Brown said. "I thought we had Sincero's measure in the Scone Guineas last year but it wasn't to be. But he's a lovely horse. "His runs in Melbourne have been really good although he bombed the start last time and has just started to play up a bit in the barriers. "Craig Williams put a big wrap on him early on and when he came here last year he did nothing wrong. "I'm looking forward to getting back on him and expect him to run well on Saturday." Rain Affair takes on the likes of Bel Sprinter, Elite Falls and Neeson in the Challenge Stakes (1100m). Rain Affair, winner of his past nine starts in Sydney, slumped to his first defeat since February 2011 when he finished sixth in the Group One Newmarket at Flemington. Brown is confident the sprinter will bounce back. "It's good to get him back home," Brown said. "We didn't come home with our tail between our legs, he just didn't get down the straight at Flemington. "Rosehill is not his home track but he's won there a few times before." Brown said the Joe Pride-trained gelding had reportedly thrived since returning to his Warwick Farm home. "He's done really well, Joe has said he's thrived," Brown said. "I know I probably say that every time he goes around, but we are really happy with him." Rain Affair is the $1.70 favourite with TAB Sportsbet while Speediness is on the third line of betting at $6.50 for his assignment. Cheers, Mark Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk