Flat Racing - March 27th, Monday

Lingfield | 4:15 Absa Lutte 1.00pts to WIN @ 5-1 (WilliamHill) Last time out (39 days) winner. She was stepped up to todays trip of 6f LTO after a couple of good runs at 5f. The win came at Kempton by a 1/2 length to Liberal Lady. Her two runs before that was for 4th of 7 and 4th of 6th by 1 length and 2 length. Both runs at Wolverhampton for 5f. She won here last October and will try to go 2 out of 3 here today. Jockey George Baker rode LTO and booked for today.

Re: Flat Racing - March 27th, Monday DEAR MAURICE (16:45) hasn’t won since June 2008 and hasn’t been seen for 132 days but has slipped to a career low rating and has a decent enough chance here I feel, especially as he’s usually pretty consistent when coming off a break. With a useful 7lb claimer making him look extremely well-handicapped, he’s worth a go. The selection hasn’t won for a while, that was when trained by Ed Dunlop and he obviously hasn’t lived up to a 240,000gns price-tag. Since joining Toby Coles, he recently put in a couple of fair efforts in low-grade handicap hurdles, and also wasn’t disgraced off higher marks on turf on the flat last season. That was over a little further than this but he’s adaptable regarding trip, having often shaped in the past that this 7f might be his ideal distance (stays on well over 6f). He has previous course form around here when coming off an absence, and I think it could be that he’s definitely best when fresh. Yard are amongst the winners and although I’m always a bit apprehensive when backing a fairly inexperienced 7lb claimer, Noel Garbutt rides Lingfield extremely well, having a 3/4 record at this track in 2012 and that included a 33/1 winner. This is a competitive enough heat but it’s a race that isn’t likely to be run at a furious gallop, which will inconvenience many of these and it could definitely spring a surprise. Dear Maurice seems to enjoy the polytrack and should run well off a break as he has in the past, well-drawn today, he’s a different angle into the race but is well worthy of a bet, as if he puts it altogether (which I think is entirely plausible) then he’s too big a price to go un-backed. 16:45 Lingfield – Dear Maurice; 2pts @ 25/1 Ladbrokes, William Hill (bog)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.