Ruby's Ramblings

Ruby Walsh has a column in my local rag every Saturday he also writes for the big meetings. Here are his musings for today's meeting, taught id share and see how he does. Nap:- Hurricane fly. Double:- Prospect Wells & Noland. here's a condenced version of text 1.30 novice hurdle wide open but gallileo's choice would temp me 2.05 sprinter sacre looks the banker,al ferof can be the one to exploit any chinks in armour. 2.40 stick a needle in the paper and see what happens. LOL. 3.20 Best horse should win-Hurricane fly. 4.00 class horse scotsirish, if he gets the trip the one to beat. 4.40 he would'nt want to ride anything else except Quevega.do an e/w on Voilin Davis. 5.15 stick a needle in the paper and see what happens. LOL. no enthusiasm for oscars wells, likes rock on ruby and zakander. rock on ruby will stay at it and has an e/w shout. zakander was coughing after newbury and don't know what sort of mark that left on him. had a choice between simenom / allure of allusion and prospect wells, prospect wells had good form early part of season then lost his way, had operation for wind, smart horse open contest! Lots of confidence behind steps to freedom saw him jumping nicely at the curragh one day recently, will he be tough enough? encouraging vibes regarding galileo's choice, trifolium best form of irish contingent. Im on Noland ran well at leopardstown, I know he's getting on in years, but doesn't have a lot of milage on the clock and might surprise a few people. If im still waiting for a winner come the last That'll do and thoughpaul nicholls does fancy him i see him as a summer horse, lets hope paul is right and im wrong!(end of rubytext) As for myself I love Cheltenham and hope some of this helps! will be doing a placepot shortly, backed Hurricane flyanti post@ 5/2 so lets get it on! .

Re: Ruby's Ramblings Quevega's victory no comfort for fly flop! Nap Sizing Europe E/W double Allee Garde / Join together 1.30 Allee Garde winter form very strong. 2.05 can't split willie's two, not a big fan of Simonsig, one of willie's will beat him! 2.40 Grand Crus is beatable, a weak finisher. I hope my horse is quick enough but im not sure, so maybe First lieutenant is the One. 3.20 Sizing europe head and sholders above the rest. 4.00 wide open, if having a bet a small e/w on final approach 4.40 paul nicholls is very keen on Ulck De Lin but i Like Gorgeous Sixty, and im told that Vendor is a good thing. 5.15 Huge fan of Royal Guardsman. 3 in a row british bumper. willie also runs make your mark and felix yonger, i didn;t have a choice of Make Your Mark as he's a gigginstown horse. He shoulkd not be underestemated, having run too free, off a modest enough race, will love the drying ground. felix youner needs to improve ot take a hand. Simonsig looked a weak finisher at sandown, while i give Monksland a real shout! Join together is tough, stays and jumps but is he quick enough? 2.40 willie has 2 solid shots Call The Police and Lambro. willie runs two in the bumper, his son patrick had the choice and took Champagne Fever. Staying is the name of the game with him and that's a big plus.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.