Jump Racing Saturday 3rd

2.05 Newbury Benbens 2pts win @ 9/1 Ladbrokes Think the favourite here is worth taking on his 2nd appearance after a long absence. It looks pretty open but the one I like is near the foot of the weights and is unexposed over this distance. Benbens was always going to improve once stepping up in distance and so it proved when he lost on the bob to the 122 rated Fox Appeal who also had 7lbs taken off his back by the jockey. That was Benbens first run over 3m and I would expect him to improve again with that run under his belt. The stable form has to be a worry but their runners have been doing a lot better in the last few days and I have no doubt the form will pick up for most of the big trainers with Cheltenham just around the corner. There is nothing the stands out the race apart from possibly the favourite but as I have already said, I think he is worth taking on. A repeat of Benbens last performance would put him bang there. Lamboro Lad ran a solid race at Doncaster and can get involved here if turning up in the same mood. He isn’t the most reliable however so I wouldn’t want to be with him here. Tarvini won a 5 runner race by 23 lengths last time out and but is up 13lbs if you take the jockeys claim into account. He will find this much tougher but should still be able to get involved. Godsmejudge is probably one of the lesser lights of Alan King’s stable but has shown some solid form this season and he looks a real danger. Benbens however will do for me. He showed improvement on his first try at the trip and will hopefully go one better here. 3.10 Newbury Aerial 5pts win @ 5/1 StanJames Having a max bet on this horse tomorrow. Since returning to action this season Aerial has ran 3 crackers. He finished 4th in the Paddy Power Gold Cup on his reappearance and then bolted up at Ascot. Last time out he was disappointing in grade 3 company at Cheltenham where he was backed into favourite. The Giant Bolster won that race but Aerial finished well beaten in 4th. I think Newbury will suit Aerial much more and I expect him to get back to winning ways in this race. It is a race Paul Nicholls likes to win and has won it 4 times since 2004. It is no surprise that he has multiple entries for this race but I think Aerial is by far the most interesting. Woolcombe Folly has been disappointing of late but he keeps the weights down for his other runners. Aerial has dropped 3lbs since his latest run and he looks to have a favourites chance. 3.45 Newbury Orzare 2pts win @ 11/1 Ladbrokes Despite being the top weight here, I think Orzare has a great chance here. He ran a cracker on his return to action this season when finishing 3rd behing Smad Place in grade 2 company at Aintree. He ran a shocker next time up at Ascot just 28 days later, which to me suggests he may have bounced. I would expect him to put up a much better performance in this race and I am happy to ignore his last run. Since moving over from France this horse has won 3 times from 6 runs but put up his best performance when finishing 3rd at Aintree. The Gary Moore stable is in better form now and he has won this race twice in recent years, including last year. The horse has dropped 1lb since his latest run and Joshua Moore takes off a handy 5lbs. I think he has a big chance in this race. Nampour is a horse I backed last time out and I considered him for this but he took a crashing fall at Taunton. His recent form figures are not too inspiring and I will be gutted if he wins this. Balgarry is the intriguing horse of the race and returns from over 500 days off the track. He hails form the Pipe yard however, and they are more than capable of readying one after a long absence. There are other dangers but I think Orzare has a cracking chance here at a very nice price.

Re: Jump Racing Saturday 3rd 2.40 Newbury MARUFO 6/1:D The field looks very inconsistant exception of the hobbs horses,, but the selection has had Two really good runs since his comeback. Id imagine johnson had the choice of who to ride. confidence 4/5 4.00 doncaster CIVIL UNREST 9/2:( Good effort latest. interesting jockey booking. Sure to be therebouts again/

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.