Jumps Racing - Tuesday 21st February 2012

2.00 Taunton - 2pts win Giordano Bruno @ 8/1 (Hills) Possibly a little bit crazy taking on the favourite (and a couple of others) here, but I was seriously impressed by this horse's reappearance run at Taunton recently. He was a high-class bumper performer, who won his first two races, before a good 3rd in the Aintree Champion Bumper. Returned to the track after nearly three years off the track in January, and travelled powerfully for a long way. Was only headed at 2 out, before fading late on - something hardly unexpected after so long off the track. The first two were rated 138 and 137 with the winner a 12/1 shot for the Supreme Novices' Hurdle. It really was a good effort from this one, and has had a month or so off the track to freshen up and try to avoid the bounce factor. I think he's a bit of a dark horse in here, and he should run a cracker so long as he builds on his Taunton effort.

Re: Jumps Racing - Tuesday 21st February 2012 3.40 Taunton - 4pts win Dare Me @ 3/1 (Hills) The fact this horse has been backed gives me hope that he'll be going for the win today, as it's always tricky judging high-class handicappers just weeks before Cheltenham. I think he's well-treated and will be a big threat in the County Hurdle if he runs, even off a higher mark than today. Was high class in bumpers, but improved again over hurdles in late 2010, with two very easy victories. He first off beat a current 123-rated horse by 12l and then won unextended by over 4l to a horse now rated 130. Looking at this literally, Dare Me goes to war off a mark of 135, and should be well capable of exploiting this. Returned after a long break at Cheltenham recently and was one of the biggest eyecatchers of the season for me. Didn't jump all that great in rear, but kept making ground after his flights, and looked a threat up the straight in a competitive affair. A final error at the last cost him any chance he had, and he faded up the hill. It was hugely promising, and with that run under his belt, should go extremely well here if not 'bouncing'.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.