Bets picked by Punterslounge 2005! (Football)

Sco

Bets picked by Punterslounge 2005! (Football) I've been reading through quite a lot of posts since I arrived here, and some of the statistics given and inside information has been excellent. I figure that if you ONLY play with games which have been strongly examined by punters, then you more often than not would come out on top. Another thing I have noticed is that most punters here also dont back low priced teams (Bruise I know you and some others do), so a 60% strike rate could produce a handy yield I think. The Rules -This is a purely football system -Selections must be made following the recommendations of punters from this forum. (This includes both the Britain AND Europe sections) -Selections can be anything, backs, lays, short priced, long priced etc. -The selections made must have a decent reasoning behind them, this can be either team info, or statistics -The starting bank will be 100pts -A stake of 1-10 pts will be placed on each bet Predictions -I have no idea how this will work, so this is just a paper trial -Risk of going bankrupt...again I really dont know! Problems -Some punters are more experienced than other...should thier opinion be taken a little bit higher? -Punters will put different weights to bets (ie some back heavily Value, others dont) Hope that clears everything up. Im going to go search the forums for some very tasty selection and post back up. Id love to know what you guys think...whether it will work, or perhaps how I can counter the problems I have thought of? Thanks Sco

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bets picked by Punterslounge 2005! (Football) Bank Starting bank = 100 Current bank = 100 Total staked = 0 Number of bets = 0 Winning bets = 0 Losing bets = 0 Strike rate = 0 Yield = N/A Profit/Loss = 0 Bet 1 Man Utd V Middlesbrough - Sat Jan 29th Man Utd to win @1.44 Coral 5pts Info by SecondSight

MU/Boro A fixture that has made a fortune in the past for punters willing to back Boro including me. Added to this MU match tonight and their upcoming match against Arsenal next week, Boro's draw this season at OT, and the BBC picking the game as upset material, all may suck punters in to backing against MU. Take my advice and back MU.....why you may say
  • FAC is the lowest priority for Boro behind EPL and UEFA Cup (evidence few tickets sold by Boro, only 2000 expected to travel, MU made 8000 tickets available).
  • No new faces at Boro, signings or injured returning for MU game
  • MU on great unbeaten run dates back to mid November
  • MU not conceeding. Boro conceeding.
  • Boro likely to play youth team members (evidence 5 fifteen year olds were selected for reserves last night, which means the 17 year olds have been penciled in for MU game) quite ironic considering the number of times MU have done this in past cup competitions.
  • As AK says MU focused on Cups more, as league is lost.
  • 4/9 looks great price when you consider MU were 2/7 at home to Villa last week and I expect the Villa side put out then to be stronger than the team Boro will put out on Saturday. Usually MU are 2/7 at home to Boro.

The big unknown with the earlier rounds of both cups nowadays is the team that will be put out by either club. MU large squad gives them to the opportunity to rotate nearly all their positions, while Boro have lost several key players in the spine of the team who can't be replaced (namely Boateng, Viduka, Mendieta, Ehiogu, Riggott) with the same quality. I feel this is one reason why the FAC is always won now by the teams with the big squads with strength in depth. Fred Done is quoting 8/13 it will be won by one of the big 3. Fergie had a wry smile on his face when told his side struggled against Boro at OT, as he replied not in the cup, as he knew he was playing them at the right time this time. SecondSight

I would just add to this that after Man U have just lost to Chelsea, I think Ferguson will put slightly more emphasis on the FA cup as he might have done. Although there is the Arsenal game which may be in the back of the players mind, they are going to want to keep the possibly only realistic chance of silverware going for this season. Sco

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.