Flat Racing Tuesday 14th Feb

chris34

Not the most interesting card at Southwell not a lot of value around to be honest. 1.40 Southwell Perhaps missed the price on one of these but I am very keen on it with it having entered my notebook recently. First In Command is a 3 time winner on turf but shown a lack of tenacity to go and win races on the AW this winter and really needs to be showing more at this level. Gracies Gift hasnt had a lot of luck in the draw over CD recently but has run well despite but has become frustrating and costly to follow and may just be in need of some help from handicapper having been drawn out wide again. Bird Dog looks all about speed and is likely to tow this lot along at a furious pace but looks plenty high enough in the weights and probably best at 5f. Silly Billy is a bit of an all or nothing sort of horse he'l either finish last or in the places and hopefully win, was given a strange ride when seen for the first time on this surface back in January went on to run a lifeless display at Kempton last time out over 7f perhaps again the prominent tactics didnt pay off, should appreciate the return to 6f and a slightly better ride but not detached would see him go close if building on recent run around here given he is 4lb lower than that run looks very dangerous and fallen to 22lb below last handicap winning mark! Takajan is far too short to be involved in given he has been well below his best this winter and has it all to prove at the moment despite Fallon being up. The other Brisbourne runner interests me as a saver, dropped 2lb for recent comeback run which wasnt devoid of hope got in a bit of a muddle on the turn into the straight and perhaps would have been closer, should come on for the run and yard going extremely well at the moment and is dangerous off this sort of mark around here given he won off a 2lb higher mark last year. 2pt win Silly Billy 7/1 lads 1pt win Itsthursdayalready 9/2 vc 4.20 Southwell This one isnt the most original but is a lot bigger than I expected so is probably worth a decent bet. First Bid doesnt look the easiest ride, can often race very keenly and not beaten that far over a mile around here and could build on that but may find others better treated at the moment. There is probably not a lot between JJ Leary and Samasana on there running here last week over this course over a mile, but JJ Leary has now disappointed on both handicap starts ultimately and doesnt look the most convincing in a finish (head held to one side) interesting they try the visor again and that could just be whats needed but he will have to go some way to turn around that form in my opinion. Samasana is probably one of the most exposed runners in this field but has proved consistent since switched to this surface this winter and finally shedding her maiden tag last time out it good fashion, travelling well and ultimately winning a shade cosy with rider having to get serious at all, 2nd and 3rd were closing but she had been out in front a long time and she wasnt fully asked, she has the speed to cope with the drop back in trip and a 6lb penalty might not be enough if running to the same level. Hamilton appeared to get a good tune out of her and retains the ride. 5pt win Samasana 9/4 vc

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 14th Feb 1.40 Southwell - 2pts win Itsthursdayalready @ 13/2 (Skybet) I find this horse extremely interesting for a Mark Brisbourne yard who just appear to be turning a corner with regards to the wellbeing of the yard. This is a weak race, and although this horse doesn't win very often, 2 of his 3 career successes have come here, and he seems to enjoy the fibresand surface. He's 2lb lower than his last winning mark (a 4l success last May) and has only raced at Southwell once since (straight after when a decent 3rd off 60). Runs off 53 today and Shane Kelly is back on board for the first time in a while, under whom the horse registered both successes over c&d. Failed to really land a blow, since, though, although he ended the summer with a half-decent run, and I thought his recent reappearance run at Wolverhampton was not a bad one under an amateur pilot. He finished midfield and with that run under his belt, can go very close today back at the scene of his two all-weather victories. This is a poor race and he must have a fair shout today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.