BBOTD Saturday 4th February

cpo

3.00 Lingfield Lockantanks 1pt win @ 7/1 VC Bet Having a look early for tomorrow as the other half is home for the weekend tonight so won’t be able to look at anything later on. One bet I think stands out tomorrow and I fancy having a max bet on him. I don’t have the balls to go straight win but I do think he will take plenty of beating. The horse in question is Lockantanks. I have backed him a couple of times recently and he has done me plenty of favours. He has won 3 of his last 5 races and showed last time out that he is still very much in form. That race came in a higher grade and was full of very decent animals. The race wasn’t run to suit but Lockantanks still ran a cracker to be beaten just over a length into 4th. A bigger field here should play to his strengths as he should get a decent pace to run at. He is a powerful traveller and has a good draw in 3. Even though he wasn’t beaten last time out, I still think there is improvement in him. He is an out and out miler and Lingfield suits him down to the ground. I think 7/1 is rather generous and I would have expected him to be favourite or at least closer to the head of the market. Prince of Burma takes a step up in grade and will find this much tougher than his couple of races. Amitola may be the pace angle in the race but I don’t see him being good enough. Numeral was a good winner last time out but he did get the run of the race that day and this is a step up in grade for him as well. He has been progressive since returning to the all weather and there could be more to come from him. Tarooq is the only other danger for me and he did manage to beat Lockantanks last time out. I expect my selection to turn the form around with that one here though as there should be a stronger pace in this race which will suit Lockantanks. To me Lockantanks is a stand out bet in this race. He is thriving at the moment and there should be more to come from him. Everything looks in place for him to run another good race tomorrow. He takes a drop in grade and I think he will take full advatange.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 4th February *Arteus - Wolverhampton 2:40* Chris Catlin has been riding out of his skin the past few weeks so i am going to go for this horse Arteus to be given an enterprising front-running ride, string the field out and hopefully hang on at the finish. It had previously been a very successful horse for Jane Chapple-Hyam, then was with the Margarson stable and he could not even get a place out of the horse. So back the horse is with Jane again, and she knows how to win with this animal, it is a course and distance winner which is a plus and is very nicely handicapped, being 3 pounds below it's last winning mark. It was given a pipe-opener at Lingfield last time out, going off at 66/1 and trading as low as 5/1 in-running before running out of steam not far out. It should strup much fitter tomorrow and should prove hard to catch if fully tuned, which it should be. Jane is in terrific form with 5 winners from her last 12 runners, the last 2 runners she has sent to Wolverhampton have both won. Chris Catlin has won on 4 of his last 7 rides, prices of 2/1, 9/2, 8/1 and 20/1, he is riding very well. Should bounce out in front, and in my opinion may be hard to peg back this well-handicapped horse. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 VC BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.