Flat Racing ~ Fri 3rd Feb

Cowan

Wolverhampton 3.15 - Sweet Secret (12.00) My selection should be allowed a realitively easy lead provided Moral Issue stays out of it, which going on recent form seems likely. Sweet Secret has been doing well recently considering most runs have seen her drawn wide, which isn't ideal for a frontrunner. A lot of questions are posed by the rest of the field so it will be interesting to see what this one can do when better drawn and allowed to lead. ------------------------------------------------------- Wolverhampton 4.50 - Blown It (4.50), Perlachy (5.00) Can't remember looking at a 5f race for a while. Can't split these two either, would have been nice to just take one in this race. I was initially drawn to Island Legend but put off by his last run. Allowed an uncontested lead but squandered it and was beaten by Blown It who did well to finish hands-and-heels. I also think that Dancing Freddy in stall 1 will try to lead or force the pace which will not suit Island Legend. With too many question marks hanging over the others I'm left with these two. A brief word about Perlachy. At 8yo not ideal but recent form is brilliant. Has carved a career out of finishing strong to take prizes in overly-quick races. Has had 58days away from the track but this hasn't proven an obstacle in the past when form is like this. Wide draw usually a worry but looking at the manner of historic victories this horse will not be bothered by that - infact it may be an advantage as the space will be there for the finishing run-in.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.