Flat Racing Thursday 2nd February

*Thunderstruck - Wolverhampton 3:50*
I am taking this horse to get me out of a bad barren spell, i backed it at the start of January when it won for me at 20/1 at Lingfield, and its last run can be excused at it was from a wide draw which scuppered its chance. Is only 4 pound higher than the last win and is in what looks like an easier race with less runners, so Ian Mongan may be able to dominate this race from the front? It is still a well treated horse in my opinion and should be a shorter price than it is currently trading.
*1 Point WIN @ 15/2 Bet365 BOG*

Re: Flat Racing Thursday 2nd February 3.20 Wolverhampton Hot Tub 1pt EW @ 9/1 Bet365 Hot Tub could be worth chancing in this very open race as he ran his best race to date last time out. He had 3 disappointing efforts in maiden company at Kempton before bombing out on his handicap debut at Southwell. He ran much better at Kempton on his latest start over a mile, suggesting that a step up in trip would suit. He wasn’t best away that day at Kempton and was first to come under pressure at the 3 pole. He also had an awkward head carriage but once he knuckled down and got into his rhythm, he stayed on well from right out the back to just nab 4th spot. That wasn’t the greatest of races but neither is this. They have put cheekpieces on this horse for this race which might just help him put his mind on the job. He is well drawn in 3 and has the assistance of Ian Mongan who won’t lack for strength in the saddle. This is a class 7 race so he is far from certain to build on his latest effort but if the cheekpieces do have an effect on him, then he could run a big race. At first glance 9/1 looks a little stingy and he might open bigger with other firms but I think it’s fair enough considering the level of opposition. Prickles is the current favourite but she only has 1 win from 27 starts in all codes of racing and the drop in trip is a concern. My Mate Les is the second favourite and did go close in a similar contest a couple of runs ago but he is held by the selection on his last run at Kempton. There are a few in the race that get first time head gear, so improvement could come from any of them but I am hoping it comes from Hot Tub. Ad Vitam is a CD winner and a return to this trip will suit, as he has been running over shorter in recent starts. It looks a very trappy little class 7 handicap, where I think a case can be made for very few of the runners. Christine Dunnett does not have the best of records at the track but I am sure this applies to most tracks as she is not exactly a prolific trainer. She hasn’t had many winners recently and her last 6 runners have gone off 33/1+. The 2 33/1 runners have run well to both finish 4th in their respective races and I don’t think you have to have winners for your stable to be in form. I am not saying they are in great form or anything but numbers can be deceiving. Still I think Hot Tub can run a good race here if building on his latest effort, in what is a very poor race. He is one of the least exposed horses in the race and I fancy him to at least make the places. 2.50 Wolverhampton Beneath 2pts win @ 6/1 Paddy Power This horse ran an encouraging race on his return to action from over 100 days off. In his last 3 or 4 races they have been running him over inadequate trips but today he gets a return to 12f which is certain to suit. Adam Kirby rides him again which is a positive and the stable are in cracking form with all of their horses at the moment. This will only be his 7th run for the stable and I expect him to build on his 3rd last time out over 9f at this track.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.