Flat Racing Sunday 22nd

cpo

3.25 Kempton Rightcar 1.5pts EW @ 12/1 Bet365 Going to do something crazy today and tip up a Peter Grayson horse. I know there are many on ATR that believe this guy is possibly the worst trainer out there but I actually think he has his stable in good form at the moment and there is chance that this horse can get in the money in this race. The situation regarding this stable almost reminds me of what happened with Ruth Carr last year. The stable have been struggling for quite some time now but there are definite signs of a revival with all of the horses seemingly running pretty well at the moment. They have had 2 winners in the last fortnight but what’s more interesting is the fact that most of his horses seem to be running into a bit of form. I have watched few replays and a few horses from this stable have made eye catching late headway in their races. I put this down to the fact that because the stable have been so poor, many of the horses from this yard are now well handicapped. I wouldn’t necessarily say Rightcar is well handicapped but he is handicapped to win as he is 1lb lower than his last winning mark which actually came at this track. His last win came in September last year at Wolverhampton over 5f and he has been in decent form since that win. The big question mark over Rightcar is his ability to stay 7f, especially at Kempton. He is definitely unproven over the trip having failed on the few occasions he has tried it. There is plenty of stamina on the dam’s side of his pedigree so I don’t see why he shouldn’t get 7f. A couple of runs ago he ran over 6f at Lingfield but was readily outpaced in the final furlong but didn’t lose too much ground and seemed to be running on again near the finish. Last time out he again looked to get outpaced before staying on well in the final furlong. Both those efforts came over 6f and both suggested to me that a step up to 7f would suit him. I don’t think he would want an end to end gallop over 7f but I can see him getting away with a slowly run 7f. The top 2 in the market look the most likely winners of the race. Shaunas Spirit benefitted from a drop back in trip to 7f last time out when winning well over CD and My Best Man was unsuited by a drop in trip to 6f having won over CD a couple of runs ago. I would say these 2 look the main dangers to my selection. Kyncraighe beat my selection Piccolo Express yesterday and he too should go well but I reckon Rightcar might be able to notch his 4th career win.

Re: Flat Racing Sunday 22nd

Sport Horse Racing
Event Kempton 2:20
Selection Bold Ring (Each-way)
Strength 5/10
Date 22/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 10.00
Reasoning In very good form and offered at a decent price today. His last 10 runs has 3 wins, 3 seconds, and 2 thirds. He's only been with trainer Eric Wheeler for the last two runs (14th of 14 and 2nd of 8). His first outing for Wheeler had him chasing the leaders that resulted in a last place effort. He was most successful when held up and that was the tactic used last time out which resulted in a 2nd of 8. He may have won his last race if he had a clearer run when making headway from 2f out plus the rider lost dropped the reigns inside the final furlong. He still ran on well but was held off by the winner the final 75 yards. Jockey Ryan Powell was booked last time out (did not ride in penultimate run) and again booked for today so there's a good chance of building on his last run.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.