Did Mark Rimell over-react?

Anyone see the story about Mark Rimell punching Aiden Coleman in the head after he rode Ours recently? Apparently Coleman didnt ride the horse with any conviction .. Rimell's quote: Ride on Ours 'The lad was rude to my owners and rude to me, and I don't take very kindly to being called a f****** p**** by a jockey who is employed by me. 'He didn't ride the horse with any conviction and just turned his back on me and the owners after the race, which was completely unprofessional. ...I probably shouldn't have done what I did but I'm not a sap and if someone calls me a f****** p**** I'm not going to stand for it' "When I went to see him later just to try to clear the thing up, because i think the lad rides well and I'd like to use him again, he had no interest in even discussing it." Were there any consequences for this? Did he get a fine?

Re: Did Mark Rimell over-react? When was this? Never seen it myself. There was an incident last year when Kieren Fallon was twatted by the owner of the Scorching Wind. He got a fine for that so presume Rimell must have something similar for this. Must be frustrating when you put plenty of effort into training an animal, only for an arrogant so and so to go through the motions and un do it all. That said, I don't beleive there is any place for throwing punches in the owners enclosure, you expect that from the drunken hens in the course enclosure.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.