Flat Racing ~ Sat 7th Jan

Cowan

Lingfield 3.20 - Bawaardi (8.00), Den's Gift (0.5pt e/w 17.00) Every horse wants to be off the pace except Den's Gift. Usually that would be enough for me to back that horse outright. But he has a habit recently of setting a pace that is a little too quick and burning out. Perhaps its his old age (8) but hasn't won a race in 2yrs - however this could turn out to be a weak race and easily won. Bawaardi is best placed if those at the front fail. Won a claimer lto and runs for the first time under new trainer. Has a good record at the course and makes more appeal than most.

Re: Flat Racing ~ Sat 7th Jan 2.45 Lingfield: Oasis Dancer @ 3/1 PP + Googlette @ 7/1 PP I think Oasis Dancer is a very strong favourite in this race. The super form is quite obvious as he won in stunning style at Wolverhampton last month and beaten there some higher rated animals. Hands and heels by Jim Crowley were enough to win by four lengths. That was only his second start on All-Weather (excluding Meydan's Tapeta races ofc) and his second start over six furlongs, so there is still room for improvement and I don't see a problem with the revised mark. He's for me the likeliest winner tomorrow in this race albeit I think Capone can run a big race too. But 3/1 is super price for Oasis Dancer in my mind. l'll have a small saver on Googlette. Guess I have to love this horse because I work for Google but I have some better reasons to like her. She won well at Kempton - albeit it was a hard fight - in November after a 3 month lay-off and should be sharper tomorrow. She's now 2/2 on All-Weather and I assume further improvement as she's still lightly raced. The race tomorrow is more demanding of course, it's a step up in class and a rise in the weights but I hope she can handle it.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.