Flat Racing ~ Fri 16th Dec

Cowan

Two meetings today for those of us who think horses jumping fences is a variable too many. Unfortunately the races are garbage today (imo). Auction Maiden Stakes anyone?? However, in addition to a horse for my Southwell System, a horse from the notebook has come up - too keep me interested. Southwell 11.55 - Desert Strike (7.00) Went into the notebook after his run on 01Dec11 when he came 3rd in a good race when the pace was against him.

Came 3rd by In a Claimer today so disregard the comment about his mark. Its true he's only won at 5f. So 6f might seem unsuited given 0/21 (6/21 placed though). But this isn't 6f, is it? The newly established 'Southwell Distance Rule' is invoked. It states that "for any given distance over Fibresand you must subtract 1 furlong so as to consider it against a Turf or Polytrack performance" (courtesy Trotter Dec 2011) ;) Forecast 12/1 last night but only available at 6/1 this morning. I'd take 2/1.

Re: Flat Racing ~ Fri 16th Dec On the above race I pulled out a couple.Hotham and Forty Proof My two selectons are weight based.Finnans Rainbow has changed stables,but if you take into account hes back to back wins at this track at the beginning of the year he must have a chance,the odds seem big at 33,but as their is no confidence in the market behind him,Ive left him out Ive taken Cowans, Desert Strike Desert Strike 8s Hotham 16s Forty Proof 20s 1pt ew on eash Ladbrokes - BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.