** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NFL Week 15 Picks

PinPointPrecision

Atlanta Falcons Vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Selection: Under 40.5 Points @ 2.14 Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 I like the look of unders when the Atlanta Falcons take on the Jacksonville Jaguars in Thursday night's NFL game. Jacksonville have not been very good offensively this season and their 41-14 victory over Tampa Bay last weekend was mostly due to TB's 7 turnovers and inept defense. Primarily the Jaguars are still a run based offensive and the Falcons have a good run defense that is ranked 5th in the NFL in opposition rushing yards per game. The main strength of the Jacksonville team this year has been their pass defense which is rated 4th in the NFL in opposition passing yards per game. I think Jacksonville will be trying to keep the game tight on the back of their defense so they can implement the run game without having to worry about the clock. Atlanta however are a solid playoff bound team and I expect them to win this fairly comfortably. If Atlanta do get an early lead than they will probably start to run the ball more behind RB Michael Turner in an effective 'game management' approach. Turner can really pound the ball down the stretch for some hard earned yards against teams with weaker run defenses. For these reasons I think the odds of 2.14 for a low score game look generous, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Agree with you PPP :cheers Atlanta - Jacksonville under 41.5 @ 2.00 pinnacle Atlanta are still playing for a wildcards spot as they average 254 passing yards and 112 rushing yards per game, and they have scored 24 points or less in 4 of their last 5 games, and like the Jags defence to do well, as they have a pretty good secondary, allowing 190 yards per game, and a decent rush defence that allows 112 yards per game. The Jags have given up 24 points or less in 10 of their 13 games. Jacksonville has struggled in their passing game as they average just 141 yards per game, and even though Altanta allows 241 passing yards per game, doubt that they will have too many problems here. So the Jags like to run the ball, and they have Jones-Drew who leads the rush offence, as they average 119 yards per game, but they are up against a very good rush defence that allows just 95 yards per game. Atlanta has allowed 17 points or less in 6 of their last 8 games, while the Jags have scored 17 points or less in 11 of their 13 games. Record: 46-56(+12.42)

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks

and like the Jags defence to do well, as they have a pretty good secondary,
They barely have anyone left to play. Massive injury hole in the secondary as 2 more DB's were placed on IR during the week...who were both rookies who were both starting because of injuries! http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-12-13/story/jaguars-ir-total-reaches-27-more-half-active-roster The whole thing looks spot on to me...can see a 28-14 game for sure. :\

They barely have anyone left to play. Massive injury hole in the secondary as 2 more DB's were placed on IR during the week...who were both rookies who were both starting because of injuries! http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-12-13/story/jaguars-ir-total-reaches-27-more-half-active-roster The whole thing looks spot on to me...can see a 28-14 game for sure. :\
You've definitely got a point about the Jags injury list but they will still put out a similar defense that managed to blank the Bucs in the second half of their last game. Point being, I'd still rather have my money on the under line :p I'll go for 23 - 13 Atlanta :drums

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks I'm taking: Julio Jones Under 71.5 Receiving @ 4/5 Jags pass defense is one of the best in the league and Jones has only passed this line 3 or 4 times. He has a few niggling injuries and can't see him being thrown to too much. There's always the risk of one huge play but i think the Jags will have him covered. Jax +7.5 @ 7/4 I liked the look of the Jags last week, they have a strong defense and hopefully will be able to keep Turner's rushing yards down. I don't rate Matt Ryan and think he bottles it once he's taken a few shots from a big LB like Pusluzny. Taking the safety of a 1TD cushion as it could be a tight game.

Hi' date=' could any1 tell my why bet365 have got under 41 @ 10/11 and under 40.5 @ 20/21, in the [b']Atlanta Falcons Vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, to me they are the same, but better odds on the under 40.5, am i missing something?
If there's exactly 41pts you would get your stake back with the

God Blaine Gabbert is awful! :wall Jacksonville's offense has not scored a point and been responsible for 14.
Agreed, how the owner can insist he will be a Franchise quarterback i dont know. My Jax +7.5 has long gone! Hopefully Julio Jones under 71.5 should hold as he only has 44 so far!

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Tampa Bay Buccaneers Vs. Dallas Cowboys Selection: Dallas Cowboys - 8.5 @ 2.17 Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 I like the Dallas Cowboys to win relatively easily when they face Tampa Bay at the Raymond James Stadium. Tampa Bay (4-9) are currently on a 7 game losing skid and last weekend lost to the lowly Jacksonville Jaguars 41-14. The Buccaneers have been mistake prone this season and have nothing but pride to play for. The offense managed to turn the ball over 7 times versus the Jags and the Bucs defense is statically one of the worst in the NFL. In terms of personnel Tampa do not have the same quality squad as Dallas and I think they will lose yet another game here. I watched Dallas (7-6) suffer another heartbreaking defeat last weekend to the New York Giants 37-34. While it is easy to blame the Cowboys for choking in the 4th quarter one has to on balance give a lot of credit to NY's QB Eli Manning. Manning lead the Giants to a sensational comeback which leaves both teams battling it out at 7-6 in the NFC East for the division. RB DeMarco Murray fractured his ankle in that game but his replacement RB Felix Jones seemed to relish his opportunity and had a good game. Tony Romo played well against the Giants and I see him pouring the points on against an inept Tampa Bay defense. Dallas to win convincingly against an out of sorts Buccaneers at 2.17, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Houston Texans Vs. Carolina Panthers Selection: Carolina Panthers @ 3.50 Skybet Stake: 10/10 I think there is value backing the upset win when the Houston Texans (10-3) face the Carolina Panthers (4-9) at the Reliant Stadium. Skybet have been slow to lower their odds for the away team who's odds have been dropping due to unforeseen circumstances. The news is that the Texans will be without Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips who is on temporary medical leave. This may hamper the much praised Houston defense in terms of preparation for the game. Houston were able to secure their playoff birth last weekend and may suffer a dip in form here with there being less to play for. While 3rd string QB TJ Yates has been solid for the Texans offense he now going to be less of an unknown quantity. I am sure Carolina who are better than their 4-9 record suggests would love to spoil the Texans home coming party. If the Carolina defense, which admittedly is bad, can come up with a game plan to disrupt the Texas offense then I'm sure the Panthers will be in with a shot here. QB Cam Newton and the Panther offense also seem able to put points on the board so I think they represent solid value for the upset win, good luck

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Oakland Raiders Vs. Detroit Lions Selection: Detroit Lions - 7 @ 3.00 William Hill Stake: 10/10 I like the Detroit Lions (8-5) to beat the Oakland Raiders (7-6) comfortably at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. The Raiders have been completely dominated in their last 2 games falling 34-14 to Miami and 45-16 against Green Bay. Oakland will continue to be without influential RB Darren McFadden and will have rely on QB Carson Palmer to help put points on the board. In my opinion Palmer has not been the elite QB Oakland was hoping for as he has been throwing a lot of interceptions. With Detroit welcoming back their elite defensive tackle Suh I think Palmer will be under significant pressure and will be sacked/intercepted quite often. Both teams have a lot to play for as they continue to play for a post season birth. In my mind though Detroit is clearly the superior team. Detroit's QB Matthew Stafford has been having a good solid season and Calvin Johnson has proved himself to be an elite WR. With the Raiders season unraveling I see good value in the Lions disposing of them without too much bother, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Atlanta - Jacksonville under 41.5 @ 2.00 :( Record: 46-57 (+11.42) Dallas -13.5 @ 3.10 centrebet With Murray out, expect Dallas to throw the ball even more so here, as Romo can exploit a TB defence that its share of inexperienced players, and has allowed 249 passing yards and 140 rushing yards per game. Time is running out for them as their loss to the Giants last week was a big blow to their playoff hopes, and need to win out and hope results go their way. They had 34 points on 321 passing yards and 4 TDs by Romo, while RB Jones had 106 of their 139 rushing yards but allowing 37 points is a problem. Still, TB have allowed 35+ points in 4 of their last 5 games, so expecting Romo to do well here. TB have scored 19 points or less in 6 of their last 7 games while Dallas have allowed 19 points or less in 4 of their last 6 games, and TB's QB Freeman is not the Giants Manning. He has been turning over the ball, and though this Dallas secondary can be scored on, not that confident that Freeman is in the right form to do so, with two INTs and a fumble last week, while an injury to his shoulder will hinder his throwing. If they choose to go with RB Blount to get them going forward, the Cowboys have a decent rush defence. Dallas have more incentive going into this game and like them to do well here.

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks :ok Helu over 82.5 rushing (1.87 @ SportsBet) He's ran for 100+ in each of his last 3 games...v. NE, Jets and Seattle!! Allsignificantly better run D's than the Giants. It's clear he's now no. 1 on the depth chart and has had 20+ carries in each of those 3 games. Giants are poor defensively, have injury problems on the defensive line, and have allowed 4 x 98+ yards to RB's at home this season (Lynch, Fred Jackson, Bush and McCoy)...allowed 205/30 to NO...and only one solid game v. GB who aren't exactly set up to run the ball. Low 80's looks generous. Chicago v. Seattle under 35.5 (1.93 @ Pinnacle) Hanie, No Forte = just what we've seen from the last 2 weeks. A 3-10 loss at home, and a 10-7 win on the road (provided Barber doesn't run OOB on the Bears' last play in reg... :wall ). Seattle are very well equipped to handle the Bears defensively, and the Bears are pretty good at D themselves. Surprised at the number. (Although I know they just don't make 32.5's anymore... :D) SD v. Baltimore OVER 44 (2.00 @ Ladbrokes) Just a quick look at who the Ravens have played...the 25th, 26th, 27th, 29th, 30th, 31st and 32nd ranked teams for total offense! :lol The best scoring team they've faced on the road are Pits (19th) and Tenn (22nd)...both of whom they allowed 20+ points. (And Seattle) SD are 8th. Baltimore are 10th for scoring themselves, and I still think the SD D is suspect...(Buff missed a FG last week, and also gave away 2 more chances to go for 4th downs in the 2H) Lewis and Webb both game time decisions. 24-20 looks a nice minimum score to me. Miami SU (2.10 @ Ladbrokes) Moore set to play...Miami D is really dominating games recently...hadn't allowed more than 20 in their last 7 until last week...but still held Philli to ~240 total yards! The av they allowed in that span was just 12.7 ppg! Buff av. just 12.8 ppg in their last 6 games, all losses...AND they are giving up over 32 ppg. Miami should be able to run all day long. They won easily the first meeting this year...they won @ Buff last year...should be favs, imo. 2.10 a good price.

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Dallas -13.5 @ 3.10 :D Record: 47-57 (+13.52) Houston -6.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Houston have made the playoffs and with such relief, expect them to be a bit more looser in their game, but with the knowledge that they are playing for a first round bye. They have won their last 7 games against the spread and like them to continue that form here, as QB Yates has shown that he can handle the pressure, but still expect RBs Foster and Tate to get most of the action on offence. With Carolina allowing 237 passing yards and 129 rushing yards per game, and allowed 30+ points in 3 of their last 5 games, as well as 3 of their last 5 road games, then Houston can be expected to score here. Carolina's offence has done well as they have averaged 23 - 38 points in their last 4 games, on 260 passing yards and 139 rushing yards per game. However this will be the best defence they will meet this year, and who have allowed 14 points or less in 6 of their last 7 games, on 184 passing yards and 92 rushng yards per game. Like the home team, on a massive high, to come out, and play well in front of their home fans, who are probably still in disbelief that they have managed to get to the playoffs, while Carolina has not beaten a team with a winning record thiss season. Green Bay -13.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle GB are unbeaten so far, and while the temptation may be to rest some players, coach McCarthy has indicated that he will not rest players. Like the Packers to get out to a good lead early on, as they tend to do, and then in the second half rest some of their players, or not play them as frequently as they would normally do. They average 305 passing yards per game and have scored 35+ points in 5 of their last 6 games since their bye. Kansas have allowed 31+ points to Miami, New England and the NY Jets recently, and can see them doing so again here. Kansas have scored 10 points or less in their last 6 games, and though GB gives up passing yards and points, doubt that they will be seriously tested here. While they have not won by 14 points or more on the road in their 7 games, they have playe 5 of these games against playoff contenders - which Kansas is not. Still like them to go out to a handy lead and like them to do enough to maintain it. Minnesota - New Orleans over 53.5 @ 1.95 bet365 Minnesota's QB Ponder has started to get a better feel for his position while the return of RB Peterson gives them more potency on offence. They have scored 28 and 32 points in their last two games, as well as between 20 and 34 points in each of their 6 home games. With New Orleans allowing at least 23 points in 5 of their 7 road games, then like the Vikings to continue their scoring of late. New Orleans have scored 20 to 26 points in 5 of their last 6 road games, but with this struggling Minnesota secondary, like Brees to do well here as he should have few problems in getting his average of 325 passing yards on a defence that allows 249 passing yards per game. Minnesota have allowed 34 and 35 points in their last two games, which should give Brees cause for optimism that he can have another very good game here and lead his Saints to an important win here. NY Giants - Washington over 47.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle The Giants are coming off a massive 37-34 win over Dallas as QB Manning has been clicking their offence. Doubt much will change here as Washington has allowed 34 points in each of their last two games, as they have been exposed in the secondary. However doubt the Giants will have it all their way as Washington have scored between 23 and 27 points in 3 of their last 4 games, and with NY allowing 34, 38 and 49 points in their last 3 games, their own defence has its issues. But Manning has been able to lead his side to victory, and with just two of their wins by more than 10 points, not confident in them to beat the handicap but they are good for scoring and giving up points Oakland - Detroit over 47.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle Like Oakland to return to benefiting from the run game after being held by Green Bay last week as they should do well on this Detroit defence that allows 136 rushing yards per game. They have scored at least 24 points in 3 of their last 4 home games, and with Detroit giving up at least 27 points in their last 5 games (31 and 37 in their last two road games) since their bye, then can see them doing well here. Detroit should follow GB's lead where they passed all over this defence as QB Stafford should do well here. He averages 276 passing yards per game, as the have scored 34 and 49 points on Minnesota and Carolina recently, and Oakland have allowed 34 and 39 points in their last two games. Can see this being a high scoring game. Denver - New England under 46.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Denver have not much passing the ball as this is where NE's weakness is, while they do tend to run the ball well, but the NE rush defence has been solid this year, allowing 107 yards per game. Denver have scored 17 points or less in 4 of their last 5 games, while NE have allowed 21 points or less in 6 of their last 10 games and no more than 27 points in these 10 games. NE do tend to score, and score well, as they have gained 31 points or more in their last 5 games, but they face an improved Denver defence that has allowed 13 points or less in 4 of their last 5 games, so they will not make it easy for them. NE have gotten out to good leads early on but have allowed the likes of Washington and Indy back into the game. With a playoff contender here, like them to switch on, on defence, and limit Tebow and his abilities to produce long and rewarding drives. San Diego - Baltimore under 43.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle A resurgent SD side looks to continue their winning and high scoring ways, but they do face a very good Baltimore defence that has allowed 24 points or less in their last 6 games, and 10 points or less in their last 3 games. While they may be missing some key players on defence, Rivers has shown that he can be wayward with enough pressure on him, and this Baltimore pass rush is guaranteed to pressure him, especially as Suggs has been in very good form, while Rivers does lead the AFC in interceptions. For Baltimore, they will look to Rice to once again to run the ball, especially as SD allow 123 yards per game. But they have scored 24 points or less in 5 of their last 6 games, and with an improved SD defence that has allowed 16 points or less in their last 3 games, then they may have problems moving the ball, especially as they are playing out west, and lost 22-17 in Seattle and beat San Francisco 16-6 in their two games played on the west coast this year. Can see this being another low scoring game for them, as they have gone under in 4 of their last 5 games

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Chicago Bears Vs. Seattle Seahawks Selection: Seattle Seahawks @ 2.70 William Hill Stake: 10/10 I think the Seattle Seahawks (6-7) represent excellent value when they play the Chicago Bears (7-6) at Soldier Field. The Bears have been in free fall since they lost their starting QB Jay Cutler with backup QB Caleb Hanie unable to put points on the board. The loss of the Bears elite RB Matt Forte has also been a major contributing factor to Chicago's inept looking offense. Seattle have a pretty good defense so I doubt Chicago will score many points. Seattle have been on good form as of late winning 4 out of 5 of their last games. RB Marshawn Lynch has been in top form and QB Tarvaris Jackson has had a couple of good games in a row. I think this will be a close low scoring game with both teams needing a win if they want any chance of making the playoffs. With Seattle being the inform team though I think the are an excellent bet at odds against, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Indianapolis Colts Vs. Tennessee Titans Selection: Tennessee Titans - 8 @ 2.23 Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 I think the Tennessee Titans (7-6) will comfortable beat the Indianapolis Colts (0-13) when they play at the Lucas Oil Stadium. Indianapolis look like the shadow of their old selves and have sorely missed QB Peyton Manning this year. The Colts current QB Dan Orlovsky could be considered their 4th string and has not been able to reignite the team. The Colts have an aging squad that has seen better days. I doubt the Colts offense will do much better today even against a poor Tennessee defense. QB Matt Hasselbeck should be fit to play for the Titans and lead his team to an easy win. The Titans have been playing better football as of late after a slow start to the season. RB Chris Johnson seems to have regained some of the brilliant form that he showed last season. The Titans are the better team here who have more to play for. It is for this reason that I will back them to capitalize against a win less Colts team, good luck

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks 0 ~ none 1 ~ KansasCity, Minnesota,Tennessee, StLouis, Baltimore 2 ~ NYJets Added non Sys3 play: Carolina Carolina@Houston 1.17 RD 118-116 past, 0-5 ytd ... RD due to get a cover here 2.15 RD 62-56 past, 1-3 ytd 2.42 HF 86-96 past, 4-5 ytd 3.89 RD 32-30 past, 0-1 ytd 3.208 HF 21-23 past, 1-0 ytd

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Baltimore @ 1.83 B365 9/10 I fancy Baltimore tonight as they will win the AFC North and could even secure home field advantage in the playoffs. Steelers havnt played yet so will want to put pressure on them for their game tomorrow. Chargers are on a little streak however only against Jags and Bills who are both out of form. This is a big game for them and If they win this one they could keep alive there chances. If the right Baltimore turn up they should win and 1.83 is a good price for the straight up win without any spreads being used. I always lose betting on Baltimore so probably a guranteed loss :sad Fingers crossed the Ravens dont do another Seahawks or Jags away trip :hope

Baltimore @ 1.83 B365 9/10 I fancy Baltimore tonight as they will win the AFC North and could even secure home field advantage in the playoffs. Steelers havnt played yet so will want to put pressure on them for their game tomorrow. Chargers are on a little streak however only against Jags and Bills who are both out of form. This is a big game for them and If they win this one they could keep alive there chances. If the right Baltimore turn up they should win and 1.83 is a good price for the straight up win without any spreads being used. I always lose betting on Baltimore so probably a guranteed loss :sad Fingers crossed the Ravens dont do another Seahawks or Jags away trip :hope
EVERY F&*^%$% TIME they dont deliver :@:@:@. Just dont understand how they are 10-3 because whenever I watch them they are shocking. The chargers are a team that lost 6 on the bounce before the last two. The stakes isnt a probelm as they were just high medium but very annoying. Hope Baltimore get to the superbowl a lose by a point :@:@:@

Re: NFL Week 15 Picks Houston -6.5 @ 2.05 :( Green Bay -13.5 @ 2.04 :( Minnesota - New Orleans over 53.5 @ 1.95 :D NY Giants - Washington over 47.5 @ 2.05 :( Oakland - Detroit over 47.5 @ 1.95 :D Denver - New England under 46.5 @ 2.06 :( San Diego - Baltimore under 43.5 @ 2.01 :( Record: 49-62 (+10.42)

Houston Texans Vs. Carolina Panthers Selection: Carolina Panthers @ 3.50 Skybet Stake: 10/10 I think there is value backing the upset win when the Houston Texans (10-3) face the Carolina Panthers (4-9) at the Reliant Stadium. Skybet have been slow to lower their odds for the away team who's odds have been dropping due to unforeseen circumstances. The news is that the Texans will be without Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips who is on temporary medical leave. This may hamper the much praised Houston defense in terms of preparation for the game. Houston were able to secure their playoff birth last weekend and may suffer a dip in form here with there being less to play for. While 3rd string QB TJ Yates has been solid for the Texans offense he now going to be less of an unknown quantity. I am sure Carolina who are better than their 4-9 record suggests would love to spoil the Texans home coming party. If the Carolina defense, which admittedly is bad, can come up with a game plan to disrupt the Texas offense then I'm sure the Panthers will be in with a shot here. QB Cam Newton and the Panther offense also seem able to put points on the board so I think they represent solid value for the upset win, good luck
Chicago Bears Vs. Seattle Seahawks Selection: Seattle Seahawks @ 2.70 William Hill Stake: 10/10 I think the Seattle Seahawks (6-7) represent excellent value when they play the Chicago Bears (7-6) at Soldier Field. The Bears have been in free fall since they lost their starting QB Jay Cutler with backup QB Caleb Hanie unable to put points on the board. The loss of the Bears elite RB Matt Forte has also been a major contributing factor to Chicago's inept looking offense. Seattle have a pretty good defense so I doubt Chicago will score many points. Seattle have been on good form as of late winning 4 out of 5 of their last games. RB Marshawn Lynch has been in top form and QB Tarvaris Jackson has had a couple of good games in a row. I think this will be a close low scoring game with both teams needing a win if they want any chance of making the playoffs. With Seattle being the inform team though I think the are an excellent bet at odds against, good luck :hope
:clap The two best (almost most obvious!) bets of the season. :cheers