Flat Racing ~ Sat 10th Dec

Cowan

Wolverhampton 6.20 - Libys Dream (7.00) Looks a slowly run race. And those who are likely to be up front are weak such as Double Carpet who is on a big decline, and Katmai River who is out of sorts recently. The race features some good hold-up horses who have been in winning form recently such as Trojan Rocket, Silver Wind, and Berbice, with the latter preferred of the three. I've got to side with pace in this race but its difficult to know where its going to come from. Avonrose might go quickly from stall 1 but that hasn't been her style of late so I'll leave her. I'm going to gamble on Libys Dream to race prominently again with Richard Kingscote onboard and repeat the performance of the last race. The danger is she reverts to hold-up tactics.

Re: Flat Racing ~ Sat 10th Dec Wolverhampton 6.50 - Ducal (5.50), Tourist (5.00) This race has some very suspect runners - which helped me narrow it down. Monadreen Dancer is a tin of dogfood on legs. Tamareen's chances will likely be ruined by the jockeys insistence on front-running this hold-up horse. Burning Stone looks toothless and will need a big drop in mark or class before it looks like winning. Downhill Skier is over the hill (:lol) Music Festival ran yesterday! And didn't do too well imo. Lastkingofscotland I think is a 'herd animal'. Doesn't like to get its neck infront. Bahamian Lad will struggle with stamina given the moderate pace. I backed him when he won at 20/1 C&D lto but don't like him here. Tourist is a former class 2 winner on the all weather. Likes this C,D and looks well placed off current mark at this level. Been lacklustre recently but can take a weak one. Ducal is relatively unexposed as a newcomer and has shown good speed and consistency at this C&D already with form 312. Wide draw not a worry - should manage to get well placed despite, having done so before. 2x Small Stakes 25/1 Each-Way Interests First of these is Above Standard. This ex-Hills horse makes 1st run for new trainer and all weather debut. Can go well if raced prominently and unexposed in this weak field - not a 25/1 imo. Second is Bertie Blue Boy who has slipped to a low mark and is relatively untested over 7f. I think he may take a liking here and in this race isn't 25/1 for me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.