Sophocles' Stargate System

I have worked on developing a football betting system on and off. Initially I worked on Overs/Unders and did have some success but I abandoned the idea because I wasn’t too happy with the odds offered compared to the probability of the over/under being achieved. So over the past 2 weeks I restarted by research looking to find patterns in performance and to use those probabilities to bet accordingly. My system looked at the following leagues: Germany, England, Italy, Spain, France, Holland and Turkey. I intend to add a few more but not much more than that. The reason is that my system needs 2 things: 1) Competition Rankings, 2) Historical Fixtures, results, and odds. So I look at the success a team had over the last 5 years. The system analyses the winning, drawing and losing percentages both away and at home. Based on the current performance of the team, my system estimates the probability of a win. Then the system compares the probability with the odds. If the odds are favourable then the bet is taken. I believe this system will provide better value bets compared to an under/over system because the probabilities over time fluctuate and are not as straight forward as in an under/over system. The system looked at results over the last 5 yrs and according to back tests the strike rate has been 60% with a 24% yield over 1200 results. The problem with the back test was that it wasn’t dynamic. I took the year-end results and worked backwards. Hence the actual performance will not be as great. Therefore, instead of beginning the system from day 1, I will start the system today. The teams have played some games and so the system can work. The idea is to run the system from Dec 1st to the end of the season.

Re: Sophocles' Stargate System Please note that all system bets are singles and an equal amount is bet. For this thread I will use a starting bank of 1000 and place a 10 unit bet on each selection. I will also be taking some these bets live. System Selections for this weekend: Real Sociedad - Malaga (odds: 2.40) Montpellier - Lorient (odds: 1.80) Besiktas - Ordusport (odds: 1.70) Starting bank: 1000 Current bank: na Total staked: 30 Number of bets: 3 Winning bets: na Losing bets: na Strike rate: na Yield: na Profit: na

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.