Flat Racing ~ Sat 26th Nov

Cowan

Wolverhampton 7.50 - Standpoint (10.00), So Wise (4.50 saver) I took a note of this horse a few months ago and thought him good to win a weak or slow race given his frontrunning style. That paid off last week when I backed him for the first in his debut claimer which he won at 16/1 (6/1 sp). That race had featured a lot of hold-up horses he let Standpoint get too far ahead and when he quickened 2f out the rest were left looking rather foolish. Initially I wasn't interested in backing him again in a full field handicap. But after looking more closely at the race I see there is very little pace in it. Standpoint is drawn in stall 2 which is ideal and he will not face much competition for the lead from the horses around him. The obvious danger here is So Wise whose form on the AW is 1511 with those last 2 runs over the same C&D as today. However he is up 10lbs for that last win. Tactically he looks he get in behind the leader and challenge from 3 out. I'll be interested to see how effective this strategy is against a solid frontrunner like Standpoint. No doubt hes the one to beat though and the pace will also be right up his street. Saver.

Re: Flat Racing ~ Sat 26th Nov 6.50 Wolverhampton Not the strongest race and the current favourite looks well worth taking on. Mazij won with ease last week over CD but that was even weaker than this race and has recieved a 11lb rise in the weights and despite still being unexposed will need to find a lot more off this sort of mark with the presence of other front runners in this field might not get a soft lead. Both the irish raider Alubari and Boa are always prominent front runners which should tee this up for a finisher and Kames Park has to be of interest, he is now 4lb below his last winning mark and caught the eye on penultimate start at Kempton over a similar trip before disappointing at Yarmouth last time out, never put into the race and clearly didnt handle the ground and is worth another chance back on the AW having won 4 times here aswell. The other that have good form figures behind them are Global and The Winged Assissin but both have been poor over hurdles since and that is off putting. 2pts e/w Kames Park 10/1 lads 7.50 Wolverhampton Veroon and Hanagan have teamed up last twice with a win on penultimate start and a good 3rd last time out off revised mark did meat a bit of trouble that day up another 1lb for that effort and wide draw perhaps enough to undo him today needing another career best. European Dream won first time out after a break on flat at Ayr in desperate conditions that race is not working out very well and a 5lb rise in a much better race enough to look elsewhere. Voodoo Prince a very well bred but now comes here on the back of a break having been gelded so clearly no star because if he was something special as he would have been left entire because his mother Ouija Board was a fantastic mare and sire no poor thing neither so shame to see him gelded so quickly and for me thats massively off putting of what looks a flattering mark on what he has achieved so far having been held off this mark on turf. Star Links comes here on a highly encouraging run last night over slightly shorter trip, had a pretty hard race and may find this happening to soon. Chosen Forever won last time out with a smart ride with a change of tacttics to a front running ride under an apprentice who took 3lb off, recieves a 2lb rise for that for a neck win over Snow Dancer who rematches today officially on just 1lb better terms but professional jock takes ride so is actually 4lb better off and will have to work hard to defy that in my opinion. So Wise is improving rapidly having started off a mark of 59 and is just one of this yards improving handicappers this season, won with ease last time out over CD probably by too much as handicapper hit him with 10lb in one go but every chance he is improving ahead of the handicapper at the moment and although this is a step up in class he looks well upto it with a few question marks over a few of these, yard continue in good form and should get an honest gallop to chase which he seems to relish often travels strongly behind leaders, 3 from 4 over CD aswell. Only small concern is all form so far has come with less than 10 days between races which would suggest perhaps he isnt the easiest to keep fit but yard capable and they will need to as horses rated 80+ wont find races every week on the AW. Should So Wise struggle for fitness Snow Dancer could easily pick up the pieces, as stated above finished a strong finishing 2nd to Chosen Forever last time out did best of those held up and not badly treated having won off a 1lb higher mark and often strings good efforts together and looks chief danger. 2pt win So Wise 7/2 vc 1pt win Snow Dancer 6/1 vc

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.