Flat Racing ~ Sat 19 Nov

Cowan

Lingfield 3.00 - Flash City (5.00ew), Waabel (19.00ew) Draw Bias: No bias at Lingfield AW Pace: Every horse a frontrunner, but it is only 5f. Lenny Bee can go held-up. Flash City looked good as a 2yo on the turf and fibresand. Now 3yo and performances have been improved by a visor. Has been doing really well in big field handicaps at class 4 on the turf - could easily have won a few. Looks classier than his opponents today and a first time trip over polytrack should not be any bother. Waabel is the rank outsider and granted recent form has been poor with no result in the last 3 races. But 2 of those races were over unsuitable turf. The 3rd was over, what has now become clear, the wrong trip. As the horse has climbed the ranks it looks like 6f is actually too far. He is always prominent until the last furlong, so 5f is perfect and the low draw is something he can put to good use at Lingfield having done so in the past. A special mention for Lenny Bee who is the classiest animal in the race having performed at class 3. He can take advantage of all the pace by racing held-up from his outside draw - but at 2/1 I'm not taking that gamble, especially over just 5f.

Re: Flat Racing ~ Sat 19 Nov Wolverhampton 5.50 - Even Stevens (19.00ew), Elna Bright (8.00), Le Toreador (4.33 saver) An excting class 3 race with lots of pace. Even Stevens has stablemate Sir Geoffrey in this race also. I reckon trainer and self-styled "Sprint King" David Nicholls has entered Sir Geoffrey, an out of form veteran and known frontrunner, to guarantee a quick pace. This allows the exciting young prospect Even Stevens to build on his progress as a 2yo last season by taking advantage with his held-up style. Elna Bright ticks all the boxes in my search for a horse to take advantage of the pace here. The top weighted gelding is drawn outwide with a guaranteed race-in-the-rear held-up style. Has been praised plenty by jockeys and trainers for his determination and drive down the home straight, once winning like a streamtrain despite losing two shoes in the race! Incase the pace doesn't work out like I expect I'm having a saver on the masterful frontrunner Le Toreador from the Kevin Ryan yard and ridden by Sanders.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.