** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

First hand of MTT

mniXo

Re: First hand of MTT I think the majority of the time you would be up against AA, KK or AK, in some situations JJ, I think 1010, 99, 88 etc just flat here. If we take them first four hands mentioned it means 50% of the time you are crushed, 25% you are crushing and 25% you are flipping (slight fav). Of course sometimes it might just be a complete idiot in the first hand, especially if its a lower stake tournament. I know its not easy to lay down QQ but its more easier when we've picked it up 1st hand and there is plenty more play ahead, the raise to $100 was fair enough but with no read on the guy I have to lay down my queens here for the reasons above.

Re: First hand of MTT I like your answer there Spooner and most the time I would agree with you. I was in a simlar situation a couple of years ago in a £100 live tourny. I raised with QQ and BB went all in. I folded. If it had been a rebuy tourny or a £10 tourny then I think I call because of the donks that play them. is this not right then?

Re: First hand of MTT In a rebuy I call for sure because the range of players is wider, even on the 1st level, people want to get their chips up fast. In lower stake games we would see more players shove with JJ, 1010 even AQ potentially or of course the donk factor. The thing is if the guy did have something like AK, AQ, 1010, 99 and he chose not to flat, I think we would see a outright shove rather than re-raising to $500.

Re: First hand of MTT

Buy in was only $1.10. And I see a lot of "players" in these small buy-in MTTs to put often in first hand all-in with hands like A6o' date=' KOo, and so on. So that's why I moved all-in with my queens.[/quote'] And that is why Michal. We have a bit of different bankroll management, but up to $10, I would be all in before you could even say "moist". I never waste a good hand in low stakes MTTs. You are out, get on with it, buy to the next one. Plenty of more crapshots around :ok.

• 5 months later...

Re: First hand of MTT in online games 1500 chips starting stack ls a tournament with a low buy in. Therefore people play verry loose. Therefor I would jam all in too. in a live tournament or with a higher buyin you should fold. At last the bid promisses AK or KK. AA would probably make a lower reraise.