Pokerstars UKIPT Season 3 - Just Announced

morlspin

UKIPT Season 3 The first stop on Season 3 of the UK & Ireland Poker Tour is UKIPT Galway.Therefore players are advised to book their seats early to avoid disappointment. For more information on the next event, please visit the UKIPT Galway information page. The first four stops on the UKIPT Season 3 tournament schedule can be found below, and more will be added soon, so keep checking back. Click on a tournament name for more detailed information about each event.

EVENTVENUEBUY-INMAIN EVENT DATESGUARANTEECAP
GALWAY, Ireland Radisson Hotel€700 + 70*February 16 - 20, 2012€100,000500
NOTTINGHAM, England Dusk Till Dawn£700 + 70April 12 - 16, 2012£200,0001,000
DUBLIN, Ireland CityWest€700 + 70*May 17 - 21, 2012€250,0001,000
NEWCASTLE, England Aspers£700 + 70September 6 - 10, 2012£100,000500
* 3% of tournament prize-pool will be withheld to cover the costs of floor staff and dealers. The UKIPT reserves the right to cancel or alter details of listed events at its discretion. Structure Please click UKIPT Structure for details.

Re: Pokerstars UKIPT Season 3 - Just Announced £€ 200 + price rise. That IMO will bring the numbers down and compete more with the GUKPT as it will be the same audience they are targetting. Could be a potentially bad move or a genius one if the casual players respond positively

Re: Pokerstars UKIPT Season 3 - Just Announced Seems everyone (UKIPT, Sky Tour etc) are trying to squeeze more out of the players. Personally think it's a shame as we need the smaller rungs of the ladder in order for people to graduate to the higher rungs. A jump from £75 apat/£110 ppukt to £770 is a massive gap for tours, although appreciate there are local festivals and tour side events available.

Re: Pokerstars UKIPT Season 3 - Just Announced

I think the majority of casual players try and sat in' date=' so may not alter numbers that much...:unsure[/quote'] Could that not be precisely the reason why numbers might fall? If you'll pay outright 500 (plus travel and accommodation), then you'll probably be prepared to pay outright 700 (plus travel and accommodation). However, if you sat in and the buy in is 50, then instead of being 1 in 10 qualifying, then it becomes 1 in 14 qualifying. A sat with 50 players, only sees 3 packages awarded instead of 5. Number of sat qualifiers is almost halved!

Re: Pokerstars UKIPT Season 3 - Just Announced The first Genting tour next year will apparantly be set around £400 to £500 main with lower side events and a £1k to £1.5k Grand Final, which kind of fills the gap and stops me in mid-rant, but still disappointed with the general trend :(

Could that not be precisely the reason why numbers might fall? If you'll pay outright 500 (plus travel and accommodation), then you'll probably be prepared to pay outright 700 (plus travel and accommodation). However, if you sat in and the buy in is 50, then instead of being 1 in 10 qualifying, then it becomes 1 in 14 qualifying. A sat with 50 players, only sees 3 packages awarded instead of 5. Number of sat qualifiers is almost halved!
They will just run more sats ;)

A sat with 50 players, only sees 3 packages awarded instead of 5. Number of sat qualifiers is almost halved!
Hmmm. I think you've picked the number of players to exaggerate the effect. :p 70 players and there are 5 packages instead of 7, which is a long way from halving the number. But basically I agree. If you buy in with your own money, then your expected prize money increases with the increased buy-in, and your travel/accommodation/time costs become a smaller percentage of the total cost, so if you think you're +EV then you may be more inclined to play. Even if they put on more satellites, I doubt the main obstacle for satelliting players is the number of sats available; more the amount it costs to sat in.

Re: Pokerstars UKIPT Season 3 - Just Announced IMHO, without delving into the math(s) to deep, most of the casual players that I met at the UKIPT were there for the experience and the fun of playing a "big" tourney. They had satted in, obv hoping to run good and go deep, but with no huge expectations of TID. Whilst I appreciate that the increased buy-in may impact numbers slightly, I can't see it having a huge impact....... .....humble pie at the ready! :ok