Las Vegas Team Challenge III - PL Team 'Rebells Run Riots' 2nd for $12000 !!

andybell666

Anyone interested???? This is just been posted up: Welcome to the Las Vegas Team Challenge III website, our third superb team poker event. With bigger and better prizes, an improved live final and more players, this promises to be the biggest Team Challenge yet! Las Vegas Team Challenge III will offer at least $66,000 of prize packages, plus a whole host of added value prizes to the live final! Prizes First prize is a Las Vegas package worth $48,000, which equates to $12,000 per player in the winning team! Your package will coincide with the WSOP Main Event dates, although what you spend your spending money on it entirely up to you! Second prize is a European package worth $12,000 which equates to $3,000 per player in the runner up team. There is a further prize of a $6,000 Las Vegas package for the winner of the coveted Most Valuable Player (MVP) award. And as if that is not enough, the Live Final will feature over $6,000 in extra prizes. What is the Las Vegas Team Challenge III? It is an online team league, running from Monday 21st November 2011 to Thursday 16th February 2012. Each week there will be two league games taking place online, where 60% of the prize pool generated is retained to fund the Live Final Prizes. The other 40% is paid out to players as per the payout structures further down this page. Each week players earn points, which are totalled up to create a running total for your team. These points are converted into the starting stack, if you and your team qualify for the Live Final on the weekend of 3rd and 4th March 2012. A player’s best score from the two league games, will be added to their team total. This means a player can choose to play in either or both of the weekly league games. The points structure for the weekly league games is further down this page, and varies dependent on the number of players in the league game. Teams must be between 2 and 4 players and the last date for team registration is Sunday 15th January 2012, which gives enough time for the whole team to play in at least 10 tournaments over the remaining 4 weeks, to qualify for the Live Final. Submit your team here. Where is the Live Final and what will it be like? The live final will be held at Genting Club Star City, Birmingham, B7 5SA. It will be a 2 day event and will start at 2.15pm on Saturday 3rd March, finishing late on Sunday 4th March 2012. Players will play poker, having been initially drawn where possible on different tables to your team members, and will earn points (see further down) which go towards your team’s Live Final score. The team with the most points wins the $48,000 Las Vegas Team package, the runner up team wins a $12,000 European package. The prize pool to fund these packages is generated by us retaining 60% of the prize pools from the weekly league tournaments. In the event of there being any extra money in the pot, we will pay this out to individual players in the Live Final as per the payout structure on the Final Event page. In the event of their being less money in the pot than the $66,000 needed for the Main Event prizes and MVP Prize, we’ll make up the difference! Furthermore, we will be offering an additional set of prizes for individual performance, these will be worth over $4,000, and we’ll also be offering our usual Sunday Freeroll for eliminated players. See the Live Final page for more information. In order to qualify to represent your team at this fabulous Live Final, you simply need to have played in at least 10 of the weekly tournaments. There are 11 rounds in total with 22 tournaments taking place. Note: A player joining late, or one who has missed some rounds is able to ‘catch up’ by playing both games in a single round, but only their best points score each week will contribute to their team total. Read all about the Live Final in more detail here.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Las Vegas Team Challenge III circus or genting and a couple of others There are 11 Rounds, each with 2 available games, one at 19:30 on Monday nights and one at 19:30 on Thursday nights. Therefore players are able to play in up to 22 tournaments. A player’s best score from each round counts towards their team total, so if Bob plays on Monday and scores 1000 points, and plays again on Thursday in the same Round, and scores 1500 points, he will generate 1500 points for his team and for his individual total.

RoundDayDateGameBuy InFeeType
RD 1Mon21/11/2011NLHE--$5 Rebuy
Thu24/11/2011NLHE--$5 Rebuy
RD 2Mon28/11/2011NLHE$10.00$1.00Freezeout
Thu01/12/2011NLHE$10.00$1.00Freezeout
RD 3Mon05/12/2011NLHE$10.00$1.00$10 Rebuy
Thu08/12/2011NLHE$10.00$1.00$10 Rebuy
RD 4Mon12/12/2011NLHE$10.00$1.00$10 Rebuy
Thu15/12/2011NLHE$10.00$1.00$10 Rebuy
RD 5Mon19/12/2011NLHE$20.00$2.00Freezeout
Thu22/12/2011NLHE$20.00$2.00Freezeout
Christmas Break
RD 6Mon09/01/2012NLHE$20.00$2.00Freezeout
Thu12/01/2012NLHE$20.00$2.00Freezeout
RD 7Mon16/01/2012NLHE$20.00$2.00$20 Rebuy
Thu19/01/2012NLHE$20.00$2.00$20 Rebuy
RD 8Mon23/01/2012NLHE$20.00$2.00$20 Rebuy
Thu26/01/2012NLHE$20.00$2.00$20 Rebuy
RD 9Mon30/01/2012NLHE$30$3.00Freezeout
Thu02/02/2012NLHE$30$3.00Freezeout
RD 10Mon06/02/2012NLHE$30$3.00$20 Rebuy
Thu09/02/2012NLHE$30$3.00$20 Rebuy
RD 11Mon13/02/2012NLHE$5$0.50$5 Entry, $2 Rebuy
Thu16/02/2012NLHE$5$0.50$5 Entry, $2 Rebuy
A Player must play at least 10 of the weekly tournaments. There are 11 rounds in total with 22 tournaments taking place. Note: A player joining late, or one who has missed some rounds is able to ‘catch up’ by playing both games in a single round, but only their best points score each week will contribute to their team total. All tournaments except Rd 11 pay out 60% into the Live Final Prize Pool and 40% to the players in the tournament. Rd 11 is purely a points boost tournament, and therefore 100% of the prize money is retained for the Live Final

Re: Las Vegas Team Challenge III O.k Guys - time is moving on closer to the start fo this. From what I can see these are the members interested in forming a team: Me (andybell666) Fonzie Goldenjaguar Villagio Dasboot Ooblio Donna Renaan ??? - expressed interest?? That make 7 definites i think and one 'interest'. This looks like we have enough for two teams which would be good. I will give all interested parties one last chanc eot come forward then i suggest that we form teams (suggestions on how we pick them please??). I have played in this the last two times - can i just emphasize that people who put their names forward need to be prepared to commit to this - I am not talkign completely your whole life or anything but at least try and make one or two games a week and most weeks. Last time half my team pulled out half way through for whatever reason so it woudl be just good to establish this from the start. It should cost anywhere from $180 -$300 depending on rebuys etc... Of course hopefully we will all cash and limit the investment! Anyway, thoughts please - was hoping to have this tied up by the weekend......

Re: Las Vegas Team Challenge III Let me get this right. A team member can play all tournaments and it's not just one team member whose turn it is on that particular night? If every single member of a team played all twenty two tourneys they'd (presumably) have a head start on those other teams who only have two or three members playing say two out of three times. Right?

Re: Las Vegas Team Challenge III

Let me get this right. A team member can play all tournaments and it's not just one team member whose turn it is on that particular night? If every single member of a team played all twenty two tourneys they'd (presumably) have a head start on those other teams who only have two or three members playing say two out of three times. Right?
Correct - there are two games every week. Ideally we need all memebrs of the team playing one of the games every week as there are certain eligibility rules to meet to even make it to the live final. If you play the two games every week - they only count your best from that week. Basically the plan os to get a decent enough league score to enable us to take a least avergae chip count into live final- where then anything can happen!

And what happens in a four man team if three drop out. Can that lone member still make it to the final? I would guess he/she would then have to play all the tournaments.
you would stand no chance.....you need all four at the final to even have any remote chance! Last year i was lucky and managed to get a transfer to a team that had lost one player.

Re: Las Vegas Team Challenge III Donna, and myself will be playing, and went down to star city last 2 times :ok Even saw Andy there :ok We in Ireland previous weekend to the final, as we both qualified to the Super Poker Event 2012 :hope Any permutation of teams will be fine, even opposing teams :ok

Re: Las Vegas Team Challenge III O.k - my flatmate picked them at random from a hat: Team 1 Andy (me) Donna ooblio reb33 Team 2 villagio dasboot fonzie goldenaguar sub: prince0123 & renaan (i.e in team if one of the above does not want to play) - also they did not confirm so am not sure they want to play! Let me know if anyone has any issues.....also suggestions of team names and captains

O.k - my flatmate picked them at random from a hat: Team 1 Andy (me) Donna ooblio reb33 Team 2 villagio dasboot fonzie goldenaguar sub: prince0123 & renaan (i.e in team if one of the above does not want to play) - also they did not confirm so am not sure they want to play! Let me know if anyone has any issues.....also suggestions of team names and captains
Team 2 Captain Fonzie Team name Happy Dayz my 2p worth nywayz :cigar