Flat Racing Friday 21st of October

Going to stick with Richard Kingscote at Wolverhampton tomorrow as he should have a few nice priced rides for his trainer Tom Dascombe. Not backing all his 5 rides tomorrow, but have picked out 3 that are of interest to me. Galloping Minister - Wolverhampton 6:50 I like the credentials of this horse running in a handicap for the very first time tomorrow. Was given a few sweeteners by the trainer just to get him the feel for the track and he may be poised to strike tomorrow in a handicap. Has run at the track twice finishing 4th on both occasions but he went off short favourite at Hamilton in between them runs and also finished 4th so they must think something of him at home that he went off favourite. Gets a nice mark of 60 to exploit and might see a big run. Raktiman - Wolverhampton 7:20 Course and distance winner that won off 64 at the end of August, and won a competitive race that day at a big price. Is only 3 pounds higher tomorrow and was eased in the weights after its last run after been run over too far (2m 1f). Back to the scene of its C+D win tomorrow and a big price should be available and could be a nice e/w bet for me. Lennoxwood - Wolverhampton 8:50 Ran a shocking race last time out but the race before that was very eye-catching when 4th of 12 at Kempton. Was only less that 2 lengths behind Gee Major and interestingly it wore eyeshields that day and that was the only time it ever wore them and it was its best run to date. Was taken off last time out but the eyeshields are back on tomorrow, also Kingscote is back on so i will be happy to back this e/w at a big price tomorrow. Will update prices tomorrow when i back them.

Flat Racing - October 21st

Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 3:10
Selection Stellar Express (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 8.00
Reasoning Two wins (inc LTO) and placed once from from her last five runs. She's looked her best in the last two. Placed 3rd in penultimate run at Wolverhampton in a Class 6 Nursery. Improved LTO when she won by 4 1/2 lengths to Spunky in a Class 5 Nursery. She defeated 15 rivals on her first try at 1m. The trip today is 1m and she will give another good effort. Neil Chalmers was on baord LTO but is replaced by Robbie Fitzpatrick. Should not be a problem with Fitzpatrick having ridden her before. They have a 1st, 4th, and 3rd from three starts.

Re: Flat Racing Friday 21st of October DONCASTER 3-45 Class 2 Sprint ELUSIVITY This horse ran to 1 length behind SIRIUS PROSPECT at Ascot in September and SIRIUS went on to cruise in next time in a very competitive Hcap at York.. As I regard SIRIUS PROSPECT as a Pattern horse ELUSIVITY (top rated on my time figures adj rating of 115) must have a massive chance here and is the bet of the day at 8/1:D

Re: Flat Racing Friday 21st of October 3:10 Doncaster - Devdas - 2pts e/w @ 8/1 (Ladbrokes) I'm not usually too keen to punt in these Juvenile H'caps but Clive Cox's Devdas should be more than capable of reaching the frame here and looks a cracking each-way bet at 8/1. In a short 5-race career to date, this well-bred colt hasn't finished out of the first four and has improved all of the time. There's bound to be a fair bit more to come off his current rating of 81 and with the exceptionally capable John Fahy taking off a further 3lbs (to leave him off 78), I'd be quite surprised if he doesn't get involved at the business end. Devdas has a tendency to run too free in his races but it's quite likely that they'll go a good clip upfront here and hopefully that will help him. This will be the first time he lines out on a properly flat track on turf and that's another thing that I feel will help him quite a lot. Last time out, at Newmarket, Clive Cox's charge got unbalanced coming into the dip and threw away his chance of winning as a result. It was quite a farcical race in the way it was run (crawled early on, forcing him to over-race) but he kept on nicely for 3rd in a much tougher contest (although he was well-positioned throughout) and a slight step up on that run could be enough. Devdas came into that race on the back of a mightily impressive win in a similar C4 contest to this when running on the July course, also at Newmarket. That was the first time he encountered both a mile and softer ground (could get a bit of cut today; good ground won't hinder), which he seemed to relish. A very impressive turn of foot saw him scoot clear of the field around a furlong from home and although he was quite idle in-front, he won by a comfortable 1¼ lengths in the end. He's effectively 3lbs higher here with the jockeys claim taken into account and I think he's potentially capable of having around 6-7lbs improvement in him yet (possibly more next year). Whether he's actually able to run to that is another thing and the risk of a similarly unexposed type improving past him is large but he's definitely the perceived value call here at 8/1. I'll play medium each-way stakes in the hope that Devdas will make the first 3 and hopefully he will. There's a lot more to come from this fellow and Cox makes a 330 mile round trip to visit Doncaster for just one runner - with 6 of his others lining up at Newbury. I've a feeling this one could be subject to strong market support and if that occurs, 8/1 will look massive. Of the rest, James Given's Derby entrant, Buster Brown (10/1), is quite interesting but apart from him there's no real stand out animals. I'll just stick with Clive Cox to have yet another winner.

Re: Flat Racing Friday 21st of October 3:45 Doncaster - Mac's Power - 3pts @ 9/1 (Bet365) Nothing has went right for Mac's Power this year but James Fanshawe's 5 year old sprinter remains a massively talented animal and if it all could come together today, he has a very live chance of winning this 22 runner, 6f sprint. For one reason or another, this progressive type is without a win in 6 attempts this season and hopefully it'll be a case of seventh time lucky for him. The return to Doncaster for the first time this season is bound to help, as he landed this race last year (albeit off a 10lb lower mark) and comes here with impressive course form reading; 2-1-7-1-4. Mac's Power lined up in the Ayr Gold Cup when last seen (a month ago) but you can completely write that run off as a number of things conspired against him. Firstly, the very soft ground that he ran on isn't what he's after at all. Then, despite having what would of been a nice draw in stall 8, he was switched the whole way across the track to race in the other group. In the end, he hadn't a hope of getting involved and ran accordingly to finish virtually pulled up. It's not fair to judge him on that effort and if he had of run respectably at all, I'd imagine he'd be the clear favourite for this less competitive race. All of the other seasonal performances from Mac's Power have been good (has excuses for a few, despite running well) and a return to the form that seen him come a 2¾ length 3rd behind Hoof It in the Stewards' Cup at Goodwood (don't think the track suits) would see him get involved here at the track where his only pair of turf wins have been achieved (also won over 7f here). His handicap mark of 100 is not insurmountable and connections now see fit to book Kieren Fallon for the first time in the horses 29-race career. Fallon has an exceptional record for the yard (7-26 this year) and he should prove to be an added bonus to an already talented animal. It won't be an easy race for Mac's Power to win but he has a lot more in his favour now compared to recent outings and the ground seems to have come right for him - despite the time of year. He's relatively fresh given that he hasn't had too many outings this season and he looks to be the class horse of the race. I'm sure connections have had aspirations of taking on Group races with him and maybe they will next season, as he's still lightly-raced as a sprinter on turf and we all know how quick these speedy animals can improve, despite age. If he puts it all in today, he should run a good race and 9/1 looks like a nice price to me. Medium win stakes and hopefully he'll go well at a track that suits him perfectly. Of the remainder, Cheveton, Marvellous Value & Parisian Pyramid all came into the equation but I'll just stick with James Fanshawe's charge despite liking a few others.

Re: Flat Racing - October 21st

Sport Horse Racing
Event Newbury 4:05
Selection Destiny Of Dreams (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 13.00
Reasoning Not out of the top three in last 8 starts. Only unplaced run by her was the debut effort last year when 7th of 12. Since then, she has raced 8 times, won 2, second in 2, and third in 4. She has a form of 1st, 2nd, 1st from her last three runs so she has really progressed well. Her run LTO was for a win by 3 1/2 lengths. The trip today is 1m2f. Her last three runs had been at that 1m2f trip so it looks like a good day to back her as she was not able to win at 7f or 1m.
Sport Horse Racing
Event Newbury 4:05
Selection Tanaami (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 8.00
Reasoning Debutant winner at Newmarket in August. Her Handicap debut was not as good with a 9th of 12 at Sandown but boucned right back when 3rd of 14 by 3/4 lengths at Nottingham. The step up from 1m to 1m2f should suit her as she is half-sister to a 1m1f Grade 1 winner in the USA. Trainer Saeed Bin Suroor has a good record at Newbury the last 5 seasons with 21 wins from 90 (23%) and he's been in really good since the new Whip Rule took effect. Since that day he's won 5 out of 20 (excluding Group races); 1st, 9th, 3rd in Handicap races.

Re: Flat Racing Friday 21st of October

Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 4:20
Selection Mazagee (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 8.00
Reasoning Progressed well this year. Form is 3rd of 4, 5th of 13, 1st of 10, 2nd of 11, and 2nd of 14. Jockey Ted Durcan is booked to ride and he's ridden her in three races. Once last year for a win over Fenella Fudge. 1st by 3 3/4 lengths their first time this year then a 2nd placed effort behind the colt Fire Fighter. She won in a field with male runners the first time Durcan was on board so this race will not be a problem for her. The 3yo is a 65,000 euro horse meaning connections will try their best to get more out of her.
Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 4:20
Selection Marcus Antonious (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 15.00
Reasoning Won once and placed second twice from the last four starts. He was only placed once with zero win from his first four outing this year. He's a two time winner at 15f so this trip is not a problem. He finsihed 2nd at Lingfield (AW) last time out and that was ta 2m. Proven to have stamina which is a plus for this track. Even though he was only 2nd last time out it was still a very good run. He led the final 75 yards after making good steady headway from 4f out but was headed in the last stride. Worth a shot here.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 4:55
Selection Jameel (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 15.00
Reasoning Just 7th of 10 by 6 3/4 lengths last time out but that was his Handicap debut which is worth forgiving plus it was the first time at 1m4f. He made great progress in three maidens; 3rd of 12, 2nd of 13, then 1st of 12 at 7f, 1m2f, then 1m2f. All runs was in Class 5 Maidens then was upped to a Class 2 Handicap at Newmarket last time out so it was a tough task. He is well bred by Darley coming out of a high-class dam that won the Rockfel and Coronation Stakes plus 2nd in the 1,000 Guineas. Sired by Monsun. I think he can run better than his odds as he takes a drop into a Class 4 Handicap and back down to 1m2f.

Going to stick with Richard Kingscote at Wolverhampton tomorrow as he should have a few nice priced rides for his trainer Tom Dascombe. Not backing all his 5 rides tomorrow, but have picked out 3 that are of interest to me. Galloping Minister - Wolverhampton 6:50 I like the credentials of this horse running in a handicap for the very first time tomorrow. Was given a few sweeteners by the trainer just to get him the feel for the track and he may be poised to strike tomorrow in a handicap. Has run at the track twice finishing 4th on both occasions but he went off short favourite at Hamilton in between them runs and also finished 4th so they must think something of him at home that he went off favourite. Gets a nice mark of 60 to exploit and might see a big run. Raktiman - Wolverhampton 7:20 Course and distance winner that won off 64 at the end of August, and won a competitive race that day at a big price. Is only 3 pounds higher tomorrow and was eased in the weights after its last run after been run over too far (2m 1f). Back to the scene of its C+D win tomorrow and a big price should be available and could be a nice e/w bet for me. Lennoxwood - Wolverhampton 8:50 Ran a shocking race last time out but the race before that was very eye-catching when 4th of 12 at Kempton. Was only less that 2 lengths behind Gee Major and interestingly it wore eyeshields that day and that was the only time it ever wore them and it was its best run to date. Was taken off last time out but the eyeshields are back on tomorrow, also Kingscote is back on so i will be happy to back this e/w at a big price tomorrow. Will update prices tomorrow when i back them.
Backed Galloping Minister @ 10/1 e/w Boylesports BOG Raktiman e/w @ 16/1 Boylesports BOG Lennoxwood e/w @ 12/1 Boylesports BOG

Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 1:30
Selection Shuja (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 7.00
Reasoning Jockey Frankie Dettori in 2yo maidens has finished at least placed in 7 of 9 the last 14 days. 331135253. The selection is a debutant from from Godolphin, trained by Saeed Bin Suroor and bred by Darley. He is sired by Street Cry, half-brother to Takeover Bid and dam was a high-class dual 6-7f winner at 2, later Grade 1 placed over 9f. I think with Dettori doing so well with the maidens he will be able to get this competitive.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 2:00
Selection Lacily
Strength 4/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.00
Reasoning Jockey Frankie Dettori in 2yo maidens has finished at least placed in 7 of 9 the last 14 days. 331135253. 135253 is his form fro trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni who trains the selection. The partnership has been strong and the selection will be ready to go well here. She is very well bred by Darley, sired by Slusive City and out of an Irish Oaks winner. The yard has had many useful fillies this term and the selection could be another one.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 2:35
Selection Vena Amoris
Strength 4/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00
Reasoning Jockey Frankie Dettori in 2yo maidens has finished at least placed in 7 of 9 the last 14 days. 331135253. 135253 is his form fro trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni who trains the selection. This is a fillies madien and the yard has done well in such races all year. The selection's price jumped from $90,000 as a yearling to 90,000gns at 2yo with her dam a dam US stakes winner around 1m, inc at 2yrs.
Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 2:35
Selection Millymonkin (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 21.00
Reasoning Had a good debut at Newcastle LTO and could make an upset if none of the debutants does not know what to do. She kept on for 5th of 12 after chasing the leaders that included the winner from Godolphin and her stablemate who weakened into 10th after leading much of the way. It was a competitive maiden and that experience should do her plenty of good here. She was just outpaced over 3f out and I think she will do better at that stage of the race today.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Doncaster 4:55
Selection Tartan Gigha (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 10.00
Reasoning Ran his best race of the year last time out when ending up 1 1/2 lengths ahead of 2nd. Obsession finished 4th and that rival ran well yesterday. The selectio raced in mid-division, headway over 4f out, soon pushed along, ridden and quickened to lead well inside final furlong, ran onat Leicester at the 1m1f218y trip. Trainer Mark Johnston is having a very good month and may be profitable to follow his last time out winner here.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Newbury 2:55
Selection Jarrah (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 13.00
Reasoning The selection was 7th of 8 on debut last time out but capable of leaving that form behind. He is from Godolphin and half-brother to winners. Trainer Saeed Bin Suroor books Ian Mongan to ride today and the partnership has been able to win with their last two combo's. Both runners ran in maiden races; a debutant and a progressive type. They came home at SP's of 10-1 and 8-1.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Newbury 4:40
Selection Songburst (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 13.00
Reasoning Best to follow at 1m and that is the trip today. He won the first time at 1m three runs ago and finished at that trip last time out. Penultimate run was only for 13th of 15 but that was upped to 1m4f. Richard Hannon has high hopes to take this event with one of his two entries in the race. I like the selection because of the Keiran O'Neill booking. O'Neill for Hannon has won three of his last seven (1513193) and I think this is his best chance to add another victory for Hannon today out of his two rides for the trainer.

DONCASTER 3-45 Class 2 Sprint ELUSIVITY This horse ran to 1 length behind SIRIUS PROSPECT at Ascot in September and SIRIUS went on to cruise in next time in a very competitive Hcap at York.. As I regard SIRIUS PROSPECT as a Pattern horse ELUSIVITY (top rated on my time figures adj rating of 115) must have a massive chance here and is the bet of the day at 8/1:D
I've backed Elusivity today (and probably his last 5 runs). Think he has a bit more potential than he's shown to date. Key to him is the strong gallop over 6f where he gets cover and Spencer producing him at the very very last minute. He looks to have one burst of speed, hence Spencer has to produce him late. Fingers crossed but I think he has a great chance of making the frame with 4 places on offer. Also included him in a small eway double with Jiwen in the Newbury Fillies Handicap who I hope can get back to winning ways stepping back up in trip after a few weeks off.

I've backed Elusivity today (and probably his last 5 runs). Think he has a bit more potential than he's shown to date. Key to him is the strong gallop over 6f where he gets cover and Spencer producing him at the very very last minute. He looks to have one burst of speed' date=' hence Spencer has to produce him late. Fingers crossed but I think he has a great chance of making the frame with 4 places on offer. Also included him in a small eway double with Jiwen in the Newbury Fillies Handicap who I hope can get back to winning ways stepping back up in trip after a few weeks off.[/quote'] Good luck switzerland Yes Spencer will have to time it right and get a clear run. Of course Macs Power and a few others are big dangers but to me Macs Power now needs 7f. I have been saying this for some time now, but it won this race last year and I know the stable fancy it ( have a contact there) but it still has to be ELUSIVITY for me after that run against SIRIUS PROSPECT:cheers

Good luck switzerland Yes Spencer will have to time it right and get a clear run. Of course Macs Power and a few others are big dangers but to me Macs Power now needs 7f. I have been saying this for some time now' date=' but it won this race last year and I know the stable fancy it ( have a contact there) but it still has to be ELUSIVITY for me after that run against SIRIUS PROSPECT:cheers[/quote'] No bet race for me, a bit of a minefield but Kaldoun Kingdom i had as my tissue favourite and you can back it at 13.0 on Betfair which i think is rather generous. Also 3.7 for a place looks attractive C+D winner and its last win was over C+D, was 2nd to Sirius Prospect last time out who looks a top animal in a very competitive 20 runner field at York, only up 2 pounds but is still 2 pounds lower than last winning mark. Hanagan on board, i think its nailed for a place! Good Luck with yer bets

Oh no you didnt.... :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall I back 3 of Richard Kingscote's rides at Wolverhampton and left out Princess Dayna in the first as i thought it had the least chance of the 4.. Princess Dayna comes out and wins the first... @ 16/1 :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall I give up! :lol

Sport Horse Racing
Event Wolverhampton 8:50
Selection Valley Tiger (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 21/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 10.00
Reasoning Has run well twice at this course over the longer trip of 1m1f103y. The trip today is down to 1m141y. Penultimate run was at 1m4f50 here and that did not go well. 5th of 12 by 3 1/2 lengths here three runs ago. Last time out was better when 4th of 11 by 2 1/2 lengths. William Carson was on board the last run and again here today. He's been riding well with 3 wins from his last 9 rides and the selection is his last ride and best chance to get another win today.

8.50 Wolves Querido Shocking form at present, but returns to Wolves where he has won four from seven previously. Won at the same mark last year so should improve if all goes to plan. :hope 16/1 @ William Hill.
Good luck Marty, make sure you try get involved regularly on the horse racing section. You will pick up a lot of info from the guys here and you will learn fast! :ok

Good luck Marty' date=' make sure you try get involved regularly on the horse racing section. You will pick up a lot of info from the guys here and you will learn fast! :ok[/quote'] I'm frequently looking at this forum, Aidy. A lot of guys on here, including yourself, seem to know a great deal about the sport. I'm hoping I can pick up a few things from you all. :ok

I'm frequently looking at this forum' date=' Aidy. A lot of guys on here, including yourself, seem to know a great deal about the sport. I'm hoping I can pick up a few things from you all. :ok[/quote'] Trust me, im a complete novice, i know jack shit! :ok

Raktiman nearly got up, flew at the finish and was 2nd at 20/1.. That was a good result.,.. However im raging i left Princess Dayna out and it won at 16/1 in the first, that was the Kingscote/Dascombe partnership.. Anyways wont make the same mistake again, broke even today on the flat with the Raktiman place