General advice

As a complete novice to horse race betting, I was wondering if anybody on here could give me some advice on what to look for when making selections. At the moment, I've been looking at form, class, horse win%, horse place%, jockey win% & trainer win% off bsq & the racing post. The problem with this, is that lots of horses usually look good when comparing the stats. Making it impossible to make a pick. :wall Does the draw & ground play a big part, too? Any other factors I need to be taking into account? Thanks. :)

Re: General advice

As a complete novice to horse race betting, I was wondering if anybody on here could give me some advice on what to look for when making selections. At the moment, I've been looking at form, class, horse win%, horse place%, jockey win% & trainer win% off bsq & the racing post. The problem with this, is that lots of horses usually look good when comparing the stats. Making it impossible to make a pick. :wall Does the draw & ground play a big part, too? Any other factors I need to be taking into account? Thanks. :)
Hi Marty, i struggle in this department also.. I look at the successful punters and the main thing that seems to make them successful is "value"... If you can get a horse at 20/1 and it returns at an SP of 10/1 every time, then you will in the long term find yourself in profit.. However finding value is the problem... For big handicaps draw can be vital, you can find the main draw biases on www.drawbias.com

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.