BBOTD Friday 14th of October

Insolenceofoffice - Redcar 5:30 This time last year this horse was placed off a mark of 72 and today runs off a mark of 60. Is completely out of form but the handicapper has now given it a good chance to imrove its place. Back in April this horse was running off 78 on the turf and is now 18 pounds lower before the year is even out, has not performed this year as of yet but i think the booking of Joe Fanning might suggest they expect it to run a big race tomorrow at a very big price. Ground, trip and draw should be no problem if fit. E/W @ 33/1 Ladbrokes BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October H5.55 Jonny Delta 1pt Win 9/1 Paddy Power I'm getting in early again since I don't think the 9-1 will last too long. There's bags of things in this horses favour for this race, but the most important thing is that it'll be running on at the end of a gruelling 2 miles in testing conditions whilst many of the others might have had enough. In fact, this will be out the back for much of the race and I think it could be possible to get matched as some juicy prices in running. The horses only run so far in its 9 race career when it has encountered 2 miles in soft conditions was its debut bumper run where the win was noted as "led, going well over 2f out, soon clear, pushed out, very easily". The horses latest run was off the same mark as today when it was a staying on 3rd in soft ground over 3 furlongs less. This step up in trip looks ideal and I think it should go close.

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 15:00 Haydock Mince Win (2,50) Victor Chandler The 2 year old won both her two previous runs at 6 f. She now up in class and a f down in distance. That might not be a problem since shes proven far too good for her opponents at Pontefract. Mince gets an extra 6lb for her recent win, but she won by 5l last time, and 6lb are not enough to keep her in the field. Mince over all form. 8-1-1 The jockey Steve Drowne was on board for the previous two win. If both can handle the soft going, they might be an interesting combo in the future races.

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 3.20 Cheltenham Russian War win @ 5/1 Paddy Power Think this horse has a massive chance returned to hurdles after a few runs over the bigger obstacles. Usually travels very strongly and Carberry gets on well with the horse. He has won at the course and his last race over hurdles resulted in a very easy win at Ayr in a class 2 race. This is tougher but I think he will relish the return to hurdles.

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October Cheltenham 5.05 Earth Planet win - 6/1 PP Ran a cracking race lto against better rivals and has always been a talented horse. Has won off 125 over hurdles here and placed off 136, so definitely well treated over fences. Not straightforward, but cheek-pieces appear to suit him and very talented rider will claim 7lbs. Meets exposed opposition and has a great chance imo.

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October Wolv 6:20 - Valiant Blue Wolverhampton is the only track where Nicky Vaughn has had a 2yo winner over the last 5 seasons and the trainer hasn't had one, he's had 5 from 16. Only two juveniles have been out for the trainer so far this year and one of those runs was from Valiant Blue, who is now visored and tongue tied. Valiant Blue is forecast at 33/1 for the race, but the owners have only registered three runners previously, all 2yo's, and one has come in at...33/1! Trainer and jockey are showing double figure profits with 2yo's at the track, with Vaughn on a 31% win rate. Lots of decent prices winning at the moment, and I believe this selection has more than half a chance. Win @ sp

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 3.20 Cheltenham Russian War win @ 5/1 Paddy Power Gordon Elliot's chage was prolific over hurdles last season winning 6 times the highlights being winning over todays course at this meeting and taking a listed event at Aintree. Step up in trip should not be a problem as he has wonj over 3 miles in Ireland. Not been as impressive over fences but a return to hurdles today with Carberry in the saddle should produce a big run here.

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 320 Cheltenham: Our Island (11/2 VCBet) Looks competitive on paper but in actual fact many of these qualifiers tend to be full of horses being declared just so they are eligible to run in the final at the Festival later on in the year. 3 from the Pipe yard and 2 from Martin Keighley that are out of the handicap look likely candidates for that reason which leaves a 5 runner race in reality. Alderley Rover and Russian War have been chasing and the McCain horse ran a shocker last time out. Russian War is capable but is 14 lbs higher than when winning over hurdles at Ayr and he too has been over the bigger fences due to his mark. Paint The Clouds was also switched to fences after the handicapper stuck him up 12lbs and may need the run after a break. This leaves us 2 left, Fade To Grey has been running well but this is his stiffest task yet after winning at Worcester, he was hammered off this mark last time out but could fill a place. Our Island is the only one in my opinion that is reasonably treated and has scope to improve further, he won at Ffos and was a good 7th at the Festival behind Bobs Worth and looks an exciting prospect for Tim Vaughan, only carries 10st 7lbs here and has shown he can act on the track, at 11/2 he looks a bet to nowt for EW backers but fancy him to get this season off on the right track and must go close.

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October

Insolenceofoffice - Redcar 5:30 This time last year this horse was placed off a mark of 72 and today runs off a mark of 60. Is completely out of form but the handicapper has now given it a good chance to imrove its place. Back in April this horse was running off 78 on the turf and is now 18 pounds lower before the year is even out, has not performed this year as of yet but i think the booking of Joe Fanning might suggest they expect it to run a big race tomorrow at a very big price. Ground, trip and draw should be no problem if fit. E/W @ 33/1 Ladbrokes BOG
Changing my Nap BH as i got word for another horse! Opus Maximus - Haydock 5:20 This horse has a huge chance today. Has run twice at Haydock before and its last run here was a 3rd placed finish off a mark of 86, and runs off a mark of 67 today, 19 pounds lower than that time in 2009 and is in winning form. Has won 3 times over a mile, and will like the heavy ground today as he won in heavy going last time out. Sophie Doyles record on the horse is 2 wins and 1 second from 3 runs, very impressive and Jennie Candlish had 3 winners yesterday and this is her only runner today. Must have a very big chance. WIN @ 9/2 Ladbrokes BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 3:00 Signifer @ Haydock - Has won twice and been placed three times from fifteen runs over the last year.Been running in group and Listed company in its last two races so the step down in class will help as will running off the same mark.Tony Culhane takes the ride and can get the horse involved at a good price 0.5 pt E/W @ 20/1 Coral

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 3.00 Haydock Although Mince won very easily lto i am opposing her on the nasis that she might not handle the ground as well as Key Ambition. He had an off day last time but the dropin trip should suit and he will definitely handle the conditions. Worth another chance to get back on track and much better value. 1 Pt win 12/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 3:00 Haydock - Mince - Back Looks a good sprinting type having won her last 2. The win lto was particularly notable in terms of how she put the opposition to the sword. Todays ground is an unknown but that can be said for a few here and if it wasn't for the unknown re the ground shed be odds on 1pt win @ 11/10 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 8.30 Dundalk Blue Moon - has an excellent record on polytrack and advertised her well being when scored at Wolverhampton last time. Hasnt been overly raced on turf so should be fresh. Drop back to 7f a slight concern but hopefully they make it a test and she's staying on late. 6/1 VC Bet, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October Chooseday - Haydock 3.00 1pt win 4/1 WH BOG Opposing a few horses I like here and taking a flyer with Chooseday. I thought the price would be bigger but it might drift before the off given the opposition. This Choisir colt went into my notebook when he won at the first time of asking over 6f at this course. He has disappointed a few times since but he just didn't appear to finish out his races. He's a big strappy colt that travels really well but then just doesn't appear to go through with his effort in the final furlong. I don't think he's ungenuine as he had to battle for his maiden win. I'm hoping the drop back in trip and ease in going will suit. He is up against it as Mince bolted up last time and Ballesteros from the Meehan stable is sure to go well.

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October Trainer Nicky Henderson only sends out the two runners today and they both go to Cheltenham. I'll take a wee punt on his 2nd runner and for a Henderson horse looks a nice worth while price, she's a 4yr old filly that's only had the 3 runs and she's always came home in the top 3, she did win first time up over 2m 1f on good to firm ground so her ground today shoud suit. Jockey D.Bass gets the leg up yet again and he's been with her from day one. Nicky does like a winner at Cheltenham and can strike any time with winners, this one MUST be showing something at home for him to give her a wee day out to show her stuff. Cheltenham 4:30 - Western Approaches, 0.5 e/w bet 9/1 Stan James. Potatoes !

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October Don't fancy this afternoon's flat meetings on soft/heavy ground so I'm looking to the jumps............. Chelt 3.20 - Paint The Clouds - win at 5/2 bog VC Has won his last 4 races and comes here fresh off a summer break won first time out last season has won at the track, has won over this trip and has won on good to firm ground (which might catch out some of his rivals) Mccoy up - he's been in the saddle for the horse's last 4 wins. He's favourite but looks a good favourite !

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October FAIREST ISLE 4.20 Redcar. 0.5 points each way. Needs to step up on form, but lightly raced and goes up in trip today. Breeding (Intikhab (USA) (8.6f) — Eilean Shona (Suave Dancer (USA) (10.8f)) suggests this trip of 1m 6f should be much more suitable, so with no ground concerns would appear the unexposed runner in the field, who looks dangerous as it stands. 11/1 Boylesports BOG

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October Battlecry 5.05 Cheltenham. 1 point win. More often than not finds one or two too good too often, but would appear to be quite suited to this race today. Trip and ground's fine and I feel he'll get the lead and make them all go. Handicapper puts him in off a mark of 111 which is fine and so should run a big race. 7/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October 4.30 Cheltenham Meganisi 12/1 sporting bet 0.5 e/w this seems to be the week for backing sons of galileo so with ap on board i think this is worth backing.. this race is not too competetive considering its 8,000 a few of these havent run over jumps or at this grade at all. so..:hope plus the trainers been placing every other runner recently..

Re: BBOTD Friday 14th of October Evening bets start here;

8.30 Dundalk Blue Moon - has an excellent record on polytrack and advertised her well being when scored at Wolverhampton last time. Hasnt been overly raced on turf so should be fresh. Drop back to 7f a slight concern but hopefully they make it a test and she's staying on late. 6/1 VC Bet, 1 pt win