FLAT Racing - Oct 11th

port Horse Racing
Event Leicester 5:40
Selection African Cheetah (Each-way)
Strength 1/10
Date 11/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 29.00
Reasoning Comes here in good form with a 5th of 16 by 7 1/4 lengths at Haydock (1m). D welt and switched left start, held up in rear, headway on stands rail over 1f out, stayed on inside final furlong, never neare. The visor was refitted that day and again booked today. He steps up in trip where he's not had a win but the booking of Adam Kirby could change all that. Kirby on the selection had won 2 of 3 rides both 1m141y at Wolverhampton. Trainer Reg Hollinshead had won more here at Leicester than any other Turf tracks the last 5 seaosns so it's worth to take the chance he will have the selection run well.

Re: FLAT Racing - Oct 11th 5.00 Newcastle Not the best day of racing to get stuck back into big fields full of low grade animals typical end of season racing but despite that there are a few interesting runners that catch my eye in this staying handicap. Riptide has been running well of late but again suggesting he really wants a test staying on at the death but never nearer and this tempers enthusiasm behind him, and with blinkers being swapped for cheekpieces unlikely to have a drastic effect and he doesnt look that well treated off a 8lb higher mark than last winning mark. Dr Finley is another that tends to place more than he wins and best form seems to have come on faster ground than what is likely today. Spice Bar has been a revelation this season with 4 wins over hurdles and one of the flat, 10lb higher today than last win and was bitterly disappointed 2 weeks ago over jumps and season may just be catching up with him now. Lady Bluesky looks massively overprices in my opinion and is already attracting plenty of support in the early markets. She had a great season last year both on the flat and over jumps, has now worked her way back down to her last winning mark after two below par efforts on ground that probably wasnt ideal. Should relish testing conditions today and should strip fitter for recent runs, jockeys also takes off a handy 5lb making her look well treated in this race. The other that catches my eye is Swinbanks runner First Rock who I backed last time out at a much bigger price and ran a cracker! Wrote this last time; First Rock is my final interest in this race, comes from the Swinbank yard who have had a few winners recently and although he has burnt plenty of fingers along the way in maidens on the AW he showed plenty of promise in NHF races both on turf and fibresand, not beaten far in 2 fibresand handicaps in the spring although looking a bit awkward in a finish hopefully that is just inexperienced showing which hopefuly has been addressed and 1lb lower today and has gone well fresh in the past and should be suited to this step up in trip on the flat and has to be of interest at a big price! 3lb higher today but still capable off this mark I feel and although softer ground an unknown he has gone well on fibresand which usually converts well on soft ground and clearly relished the step up in trip last time. 2pt win First Rock 5/1 hills 2pt win Lady Bluesky 9/1 boyles

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.