BBOTD 28TH of September

Aidymac

Oil Strike - Salisbury 4:10 Very competitive race here, i have picked out 10 horses that all have claims on form but i have plumped for Oil Strike who ticks all the boxes for me. He runs off 85 tomorrow, 3 pounds lower than its last winning mark and went very close last time out at Lingfield over 7 furlongs, getting beat by Yair Hill. Both its wins have come on the all-weather but its only a matter of time before it wins on turf. I cant see a time in its last 10 starts where it didnt run a creditable race, and it is a regular runner in Class 2 and Class 3 races , so tomorrow is Class 4, it represents a drop in class, albeit in a very hot race. Two starts back at Sandown it ran very well also when 5th to Ajjaadd in a Class 3 contest, trading low in that race. Has run at Salisbury once off the same mark as tomorrow and lost by a head in 2nd to The Confessor, trading at 1.14 in running. Both its wins have come over tomorrows trip of 6 furlongs and Peter Winkworth is in good form with 2 wins and 4 places from his last 10 runners. James Rogers has ridden for him 4 times and he won on 2 of them horses, a very interesting stat, a 50% win strike-rate for the trainer. At Salisbury the pair are 1/1, a 100% win strike-rate. Not only that but there seems to be a slight advantage to be drawn low over 6f at Salisbury and it is drawn in Stall 2. Has every chance i feel. WIN @ 9/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September N4.50 Newport Arch 0.5pt E/W 22/1 William Hill It's a bit too early to be writing off this 3-y-o just 5 runs into its racing career and the piece of form which gives it a decent chance here was at this course over 7 furlongs when beating Ventura Sands which has since won off a mark of 68. The selection runs off 64 here having initially started life in handicaps off 70. The horse is one of only two 3-y-o in the race and interestingly there were only 2 in last years race and they filled the 1st and 3rd places. The trainer and jockey are in decent form and teamed up for a 14/1 winner on Tuesday. The general consensus is that those drawn low could be favoured so the draw of 4 of 15 could be another plus and the 22/1 looks too big if the horse can show its form again back at this track.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.