The hunt for value

Atko

/ˈvaljuː/

• 1 [mass noun] the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something: your support is of great value
  • the material or monetary worth of something: prints seldom rise in value[count noun] :equipment is included up to a total value of £500
  • the worth of something compared to the price paid or asked for it: at £12.50 the book is good value

We all hear, as punters, about this wonderful thing called value. It's a massive part of selecting a bet and cannot, erm, be undervalued. How people come up with value is personal and totally unique. For me, it's all about pricing up matches and markets and having something to research from. I do this for the tennis, French L1 and L2, Scottish Premier and English Premier, as well as the aforementioned representatives in continental competition. Quite often I'll find value in a selection yet not take it, and quite often that'll win. I'm sure I'm not alone in this - it'll be the same for many punters. I'm going to start hitting markets that I perceive in value and that I think have a chance in coming up. I might make Alex Bogdanovic value at 100.00 against Rafael Nadal, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen, so I won't play it. However, I will hit things, again with a small flat stake as an experiment, if I think these hold value and will stand a decent chance of returning some pebbles. They are very small bets and have no relation to the bigger ones that I post in the threads on the forum - they are the ones that merit selection but not with hard cash. Feel free to get involved too. Value is a debate we've often had on these forums. Hopefully it'll prove that the longer you hit value, you'll come out in profit.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.