Flat Racing - Sunday 25th September

mowgli77

Some good racing today for a Sunday at Epsom, Musselburgh and Curragh. Athens 4.20 Musselburgh 20-1 Coral (Each Way) The 4.20 Curragh looks to be a cracking race with a potentially very decent horse in Akeed Mofeed but it's odds on and unlikely to drift. The 2 year olds can improve so much from one race to the next that I can't take odds on about this horse. Best Terms might have looked like a good thing before Saturdays race but was well beaten on the day. I was at York with Milen when Athens ran and it was staying on well and looked to be the one to take out of the race. That one has won since, as has Crusade and Storming Bernard. It has run twice since though and one of those races was a 5 length defeat to this favourite, so has to reverse that form. Early prices are around 12-1 to 14-1 but Coral are a standout 20-1 and that is way too big. I didn't give much chance to Daddy Long Legs on Saturday but that has clearly come on a bundle and won well. Previous winners include Sea The Stars, Azamour and Sadlers Wells. 7 favourites have won the race since 2001, 5 of them odds on. I think this fav could be the real deal but these odds on shots aren't for me.

Re: Flat Racing - Sunday 25th September Blue Dahlia - Curragh 2:40 I hate when im torn between 2 horses, i am torn between Blue Dahlia and Maarek but i have stuck to my guns and gone for Blue Dahlia.. Blue Dahlia beat Just For Mary by a short-head last time out over 5f and now tackling the 6f tomorrow will be more suitable, even though it is up 5 pounds. It is proven on the course and over the distance with 2 C+D wins already. it is 3/7 at the track, 2/9 over the distance, but interestingly is 2/2 on soft going and the jockey is 1/2, so has everything in its favour tomorrow. Competitive race but im hoping this one can do the business and i think is a nice price. Maarek was the one i thought would be the danger , coming 4th to Cheveton in the big race at Ayr recently. WIN @ 14/1 Hills BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.