BBOTD 21st of September Wednesday

Aidymac

Soubriquet - Perth 4:45 Class 3 Handicap Chase Good To Soft Ground 3 Miles I was torn between Bescot Springs and my selection but ended up deciding my selection has better credentials. Soubriquet i feel has a good chance here. It is a previous course and distance winner and that was off a 3 pound higher mark (off 113, runs off 110 tomorrow). After its last win which came here at Perth his handicap went from 113 to 125 which was too much for it. Since then has been dropping gradually, down to 118, then to 114 when it had a good 3rd here over C+D in June. Ran off 112 last time out and finished 4th to Postmaster but that was on good ground and i feel it will relish the softer ground tomorrow. Is a regular in this Class 3 also and now off 110 tomorrow i feel it is now handicapped to win. Last time out it plugged on from a long way back into 4th, hopefully its given a more prominent ride tomorrow. Soubriquet won this race last year!!! Restoration must come into calculations after it was a sure winner last time out only for the final fence where it unseated, trading at a low of 1.05. However has gone up 3 pounds for that and is stepped up 4 furlongs further in a more competitive race tomorrow on softer ground. Solway Bay is a course and distance winner twice here and won two starts back here but that was off a mark of 110 and runs off 119 tomorrow, same mark as when struggling last time out and may struggle again. Bescot Springs i see as being my chief threat. Is a course winner and although it was a handy race it won last time out and the fact it was odds-on, it still won going away, is on a fair mark and has won on the ground and over the trip but it can be a very dodgy jumper, nonetheless i see it as a threat. Corrick Bridge is over from Ireland but i have seen this animal run and it needs a perfect ride, it comes from back to front late on but more times than not it is too little too late, it is hard to back this horse with maximum faith. Has a chance though St Killians Run for me is too far high in the weights. Was 2nd off 105 a few runs back but now runs off a mark of 115 and a strike-rate of 1 win in 19 races does not inspire me too much. Rossinis Dancer won two races in a row earlier in the year but has hiked up 8 pounds since then and may be still a tad high in the weights. Has also had a good break and may need the run. Supreme Builder another one over from Ireland who i have seen run a few times. Is far too prone to errors though and cannot place a bet on a horse with such an inconsistent profile. Bobs Ticket has been well disposed of in far worse races than this, even though it is lightly raced, needs to improve dramatically to figure. Power Pack Jack would have been of interest to me only for the 500 odd day break it has had. Has the form in the book to win a race of this nature but the long break is very off-putting and have to look away from this one. Failed The Test another contender from Ireland, lightly raced, has not been knocked about but still has not shown too much, has never really threatened to win a race as of yet and i would want to see more of it before backing it. Floreana has little chance on form and is 4 pounds out of the handicap. So all in all i think Soubriquet , who won this race last year, has been prepped to win this race again in 2011. Is also 3 pounds lower this time around and must have a big chace if prepped accordingly. WIN @ 8/1 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD 21st of September Wednesday 4.55 Goodwood A good looking middle distance handicap likely to be run on ground on the soft side. Tameen is likey to prove very hard to beat and looks good value at 9/4 in my opinion for all it is a short price in such a big field. She looks a filly who is going somewhere having bolted up over CD 10 days ago by 8 lengths, runs under 6lb penalty today but still 5lb well in compared to new mark and clearly relishes soft ground and plenty of improvement still likely at such an early stage in her career you can forgive her the blip in between two recent wins when she was bumped early on and never travelled after. The other interesting runner for me is Blimey O'riley who hasnt been seen for 3 years having rattled off a hatrick in very easy style over this trip, gets to run off last winning mark which he won in very comfortable style. Its interesting yard have peserved with him and he has been gelded since last seen and does hold an entry for the cesarewitch and if he is likely to make the cut he is probably gonna need a few more pounds yet so a win somewhere soon might be important. Yard have had a winner recently and 20/1 looks a big price if all is well and ready to go. 1pt win Tameem 9/4 pp

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.