The Aldermoor Gamble

Were you on? No, I wasn't remotely involved with my hard earnt cash but who could of bloody expected that thing to win today? Well for one it's the most dodgy race I've witnessed this year potentially ever when you consider the circumstances take for example Aldermoor a once 99 rated horse who loves to come of a strong pace hence his two wins coming with habitual no nonsense early pace setters Go Go Green and Celtic Sultan. This horse was running off 66 today having beaten just 7 out of the 72 horses he's faced in his last 6 runs dating back to August 2010 and incredibly beaten over 200 lengths all together (206). I urge all viewers to take a look at Dvinsky tonight, a tremendously consistant 10 year old known for running the perfect fractions although age is now getting the better of him anyway, take a close look at Dvinsky drawn funnily enough in stall 1 - how convientently? but what concerns me is the two almighty smacks of the whip given by Shane Kelly past the orange poll where he's now set alight and rushes 4 or 5 lengths clear of the field turning into the straight. This is a horse who was held up last time out under Jimmy Quinn who never wanted to get his mount away from a crowded rail and pursued the traffic long enough into the straight for the field to already be in their 3rd and 4th gear whilst he's ridden home ands and heels. I've gone as far back as 2008 to see the last time Dvinsky was given two hefty reminders at the start and have yet to see this, I eventually gave up looking further. He was backed from 14/1 into 5/2F and was given the perfect race by William Carson who was able to swoop wide of a frenetic pace and last longer than Tislaam when Dvinsky was dead in front, a product of that 7f ability coming to the fore. The perfect gamble. Right or wrong?

Re: The Aldermoor Gamble I think it says on every spotlight from Williams yard that market confidence would be significant but I thought racing was trying to get away from the image of being dodgey. What's the difference between a yard being in on a gamble versus footballers who are told their a dead cert as other team not trying. Imo this is dark ages stuff and if racing for change looked into this crap instead o getting concerts lined up , there won't be any fans left. Didn't have a bet in this Incase its percepted as being bitter :)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.