BBOTD Friday 2nd September

cpo

3.10 Haydock La Zamora 0.5pt e/w @ 14/1 Bet365 Going to get this on now as I don't think the price will last plus I don't think I will have a chance to get it on before the race tomorrow as I am at work. This horse was pretty disappointing at York over 7f in a race won by her stable-mate. It wouldn't surprise me if she was slowly away on purpose and never put into the race but her run before that was visually very impressive. That run came over CD on good ground and she always looked as though she would win if getting the gaps in time. Unfortunately they never came until too late but she finished with a real rattle. With a little more luck in running today and with a fast pace to run at, I suspect we might see a much better performance from the horse than what she showed last time out at York. She is back to her last winning mark which came at Hamilton earlier this year off 82. If showing her form she showed 2 runs ago then she should go close here. There are plenty of opposition but I like the chances of La Zamora today. Interestingly Barron has sent quite a few runners to Haydock... hopefully this is the one he has sent to win!

Re: BBOTD Friday 2nd September Likewise... 15:10 Haydock LA ZAMORA ran with credit two starts ago over this CD when everything went wrong for her, only finishing a length behind. That looked unlikely for long periods as the hood was removed late from the stalls, she reared and was slowly away. Throughout she got no room and when it appeared, was only given limited amount of persuasion. Even so, she ran on strongly and suggested a win was very likely off this mark. Last time she ran over 7f in a hot handicap at York. She's never really been at her best over that trip and the effort is best ignored (especially as she drifted like a barge too). Dropped a lb for that run, she looks handicapped to strike. Whether she will or not largely depends on if she's trying, but if she is, then I'll be very disappointed with her finishing out of the first three. Would have happily taken 13/2 so 14/1 is a nice price indeed. LA ZAMORA; EW @ 14/1 Bet365 (bog)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.