La Vecchia Scuola

woggymac

Been watching this Jim goldie horse for a while now. La Vecchia Schuola (I think thats how you spell it) It came second in last years cesarewitch and looked like he loved the marathon trip. He was off a mark of 94 last year and because of what looks like shrewd handling by Goldie he is now off 91. He took my eye in the Northumberland Plate even though he ended up finishing well back. Its worth a watch on at the races website if you can and see how well he travelled that day. Then he ran at York in the John Smtihs cup in what was a muddling race and Tactician and Fox Hunt lead all the way. He made eye catching progress and the racing post race analysis for him that day puts it nicely, 'nearest at finish.' All the while he has been creeping down the handicap and ran last time on Shergar Cup day at ascot where he ran over 2 miles. He only got beat about a length and a half and was staying on well. The extra 2 furlongs will suit him down to the ground in the Cesarewitch on 8th October and with the big field in that race there should be a good old pace for him which he looks like he needs. You can get 20/1 for him at the moment which looks fair and I think I may have a dabble on him each way. What does everyone else think?? You heard it here first :) danny

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.