Spread betting

plez

Apologies for not keeping my system going over the Xmas period - I didn't have much access to a computer, and when I did I wanted to get my bets on! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has done a spread betting system on here before? Instead of carrying on with the system as it was, I'm considering applying it to the match supremacy market (and maybe comparing it to fixed odds betting as I go for interest?). Paul's thread in Britain > Announcements got me interested, although I have a few queries before I take the plunge (it will probably be paper trail at first anyway) SportingIndex have a spread of 0.3 for each game - what does this equate to in terms of over-round? And does anyone use SpreadFair? (I know you recommended it Paul!). The spreads on this seem much much narrower and very attractive. If a prediction model gives say a 10% yield using fixed odds, and the edge is a genuine one, would the yield using spread betting be higher? This might sound strange, but to me spread betting could be more like "investing", i.e. you don't lose all your stake if a bet "loses". If a model genuinely predicts performance then surely using match supremacy would give better profits? Warnings about the risk are everywhere - match supremacy seems less volatile than other markets. Is it? OK, games can end 10-0, but probably not as often as games can have lots of bookings, or lots of corners for example. Do most people that spread follow their bets in-running, and either lock in profit or cut their losses? Or do you just place your bet and await the outcome? I would be grateful for any advice, or to hear of good/bad experiences spread betting or about SpreadFair or SportingIndex. Cheers guys :)

Re: Spread betting I don't spread bet myself but I read a couple of books on it recently. In one of them, a guy from one of the spread firms said that the most common mistake punters make is to close out winning bets rather than let them run. His view was that most punters would make more money if they let their bets run. I can't remember which book it was in but it was either Sports Spread Betting by Dan Townsend or Spread Betting - A Football Fan's Guide by Brett Arends.