Flat racing - Aug 24th

Catterick I've picked some runners out here, mainly based on the meeting's 2010 winners and so forth and would like to see results at the end of the day. 2:20 George Fenton - Trainer, Richard Guest, won the 3yo 3:50 in 2010. This is his only Catterick runner today. 3:20 Miss Ferney - Jockey, Paul Pickard, has won this race for the past two years, although it is a big ask today as his ride has no recent form. Stadium Of Light - Trainer, James Givens' won the 2:20 in 2010 and this is his only runner of the day at Catterick. 3:50 Maggie Mey - O'Meara won the 4:50, which was also a 3yo, in 2010. One of two he has here today. 4:20 Mr Wolf - won this in 2010. Trainer and jockey also same. 5:20 Tyranosaurus Rex - O'Meara's other runner at the track. Red River Boy - Same 2010 winning runner. Trainer and Jockey also same.

Re: Flat racing - Aug 24th 3.00 Chepstow - 2pts e/w Mill Mick @ 10/1 (Hills) - BOG John Mackie doesn't have too many winners but I think this mile trip will be the key to Mill Mick, and he can bag a winner in Wales today. This horse was originally tried in bumpers, but I think this was way off the mark, as proved when he was tailed off on both tries, having weakened a good 5f out. He simply didn't get home, and showed much more when tackling maidens over 10f. He ran much more encouragingly, as expected out of a tough 6f/7f winner. He finished 5th of 13, 4th of 13 and 4th of 6 in three maidens over 10f with the more recent run behind Aiken a very solid effort. However, I'm not particularly sure the 10f trip suits him either. Certainly not on his running style to date. However, they persisted with the distance on his handicap debut at Haydock, and he ran a very similar race to others he has run since his disastrous NHF exploits. He made smooth headway from the rear, to challenge with a couple of furlongs to race, before fading quite badly. He looked a huge threat at the 2 pole before finishing a 3 1/4l 5th. The way the horse travels and progresses mid-race shows he has ability, and has shaped as if crying out for a drop back to a mile. There's not a huge amount of stamina on his dam's side, so I don't think there will be an issue in regards to that, and I think it's certain to unlock more from this horse, who I think is going to run a stormer on his first try at the trip. He's an unexposed runner in this handicap, and the 10/1 on offer looks generous for a pretty strong e/w bet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.