** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Iceland 1. Deild, 19th of August 2011

Sport Football (Iceland) 1. Deild
EventIA Akranes - Haukar Hafnarfjordur
SelectionDouble Chance, Haukar or Draw
Strength7/10
Date19/08/2011
bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.25
ReasoningAkranes already qualified for promotion. Despite a great record this year, they only have 1 point in last 2 games. They lost some players to injuries, one of the top scorers has gone on loan to Denmark and two more are going to the United States for college and therefore missing the rest of the season. Haukar is a well organised side, they don't concede much (last two games 0-0) and their troubles this season have mostly been putting goals away. They had a new player in the July window which has shown some flashes. But anyway I think this is a very good price for Akranes not to win this game with a depleted side and already promoted. And finally Haukar have an outside chance of promotion so game is much more important for them.
SportFootball (Iceland) 1. Deild
EventGrotta Seltjarnarnes - Fjolnir Reykjavik
SelectionUnder 2,5
Strength8/10
Date20/08/2011
bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.00
ReasoningBoth teams have played boring games last few rounds (with one exception). My feeling is a little bit of disinterest, especially for Fjolnir who has nothing to play for. This fixture was 0-0 earlier in the summer, Grotta played 0-0 last round and last two games for Fjolnir were 0-0 and 1-0 win. So hard to imagine the goals pouring in. If they do I think it will because of big away win, I think Fjolnir is more quality side.
EventHK Kopavogur- BI Bolungarvik
SelectionOver 2,5
Strength7/10
Date20/08/2011
>bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.75
ReasoningBI suddenly have outside chance of promotion. HK is more or less already relegated. Despite some modest 1-0 wins I think the floodgates will open in this game. I see at least 2-1 written all over this. HK have conceded 3 goals in 2 of last 3 matches and with little to play for it's easy to lose your spirits if you concede an early goal.
EventLeiknir Reykjavik- IR Reykjavik
SelectionLeiknir Reykjavik
Strength7/10
Date19/08/2011
>bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.30
ReasoningThis is an extremely important game. If Leiknir can win here they will blow open the relegation battle. If they lose they are as good as gone from this division. Leiknir are improved after coaching change and an abysmal start. They almost promoted last season so quality should still be there despite losing some players from last year. IR and Leiknir are rivals in a Reykjavik suburb...if this doesn't get the team and crowd motivated, nothing will. Good price for a home win.
EventKA Akureyri - Selfoss
SelectionKA
Strength8/10
Date19/08/2011
>bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 3.10
ReasoningI just think this price is way too high for a home win. Last 4 games, KA are 3-1-0 while Selfoss have failed to score last 2 games. Selfoss lost last game vs Throttur 0-1 while KA beat Throttur 4-1 the round before. I think Selfoss also miss the former Icelandic international and captain, Audunn Helgason who is out for the season. He gave the side a lot of confidence from the back while being very vocal.
Copy at your own risk, good luck :hope Note that HK-BI and Grotta-Fjolnir are on the 20th and not 19th like I posted first.

Re: Iceland 1. Deild, 19th of August 2011 Here are my results from last year (picks I posted on this page) Picks: 19 Correct: 11 P/L: +17.32 Staked/Returned: 177/194.32 ROI: 109.78% After this post it's time to update. First the results: IA Akranes - Haukar Hafnarfjordur. Was spot on in this one. Haukar won 0-2 and even the player I mentioned scored one of the goals. 7 units @ 2.25 for +8.75 Grotta - Fjolnir More or less as predicted was under, Fjolnir winning 0-2 8 units @ 2.00 for +8.00 HK - BI Bolungarvik I got this one wrong but kind of for the wrong reason. Thought BI would win and score some goals. So went for overs but HK won it's first game of season and took care of the over with 3-0! 7 units @ 1.75 for +5.25 Leiknir - IR IR just won this one 1-2, Leiknir needs miracle to not be relegated 7 units @ 2.30 for -7.00 KA - Selfoss 1-2 for Selfoss. 8 units @ 3.10 for -8.00 Picks: 24 Correct: 14 P/L: +24.32 Staked/Returned: 214/238.32 ROI: 111.36%