Flat Racing Thursday 18th August

cpo

Going to York tomorrow so here is what I have come up with. 2.00 York Crown Dependency Those of you that asked for my tip a few weeks ago will know this is the one that let us all down. Much was expected of this horse last time out but he was very disappointing. Outpaced throughout the race, but did some fine work in the final furlong to only narrowly get beaten into 4th. I think the step up to 6f today will be ideal and he can see this lot off hopefully. Won’t be much of a price but he should see that we get the day off to a good start. There are plenty of runners in the race but I don’t think this is a very competitive contest. The only dangers for me would be West Leake Diman and Hestian. At decent prices Bogart could run well and also Ewell Place who was backed into favourite in the race Crown Dependency won on debut. Other than that, I don’t see many of these troubling the principles. Crown Dependency looks a stand out bet in the first for me now stepped up to 6f. Fingers crossed he does the business. 2.30 York Gamilati The second race on the card is much tougher. Gamilati is just preferred to Angels will Fall and Best Terms. On a line through Russeliana, you could say Angels Will Fall has the edge over Gamilati but I don’t think the Stoute horse gave his true running last time out. Gamilati has been improving with every run and his 2nd to Discourse has been franked with that horse comfortably taking a group 3. Gamilati himself won a group 2 last time out so has a penalty to carry today but he was very impressive in that race, always travelling well and showed a smart turn of foot to put the race to bed. I think there is more improvement to come from the horse but that can be said for plenty of these so small stakes advised in this race. Godolphin do well with their runners at York and have a good record here, so hopefully this smart 2 year old will add to that record today. 3.05 York Pintura and Invisible Man I think it could pay to be up with the pace here and both these horses look to be well drawn. Pintura was back to form last time out and Spencer has done well for these connections this season and can hopefully add to that with Pintura. Drawn in stall 1 I expect Spencer to try and make all on this horse. Invisible Man is equally well drawn in stall 4 and may just get the run of the race. He has ran very well in his last 3 outings and this bigger field should bring out the best in him. He is top weight but looks to have an excellent chance. There will no doubt be plenty of hard luck stories which is why I have opted for horses well drawn and that can race handily. Markazzi is a horse that interests me as well as I had a tip for him last time out when he won but this looks much tougher and he is very poorly drawn. He also has the burden of Richard Hills but I still expect him to run well if getting the breaks. Much will depend on luck in running for plenty of these so fingers crossed my 2 selections can stay clear of trouble. 3.40 York Blue Bunting I expect Blue Bunting to win this race after already having a very impressive season. The Zarooni yard have been in fine form all season and are still running very well. She has already beaten a few of these but does have some very classy older opposition in the form of Crystal Cappella. I think Rumh is in the race to ensure a decent gallop but this will also suit the other horses such as Crystal Cappella and Vita Nova. Vita Nova is a very interesting runner and looked extremely unlucky last time out not to win. She is very lightly raced but looks very much on the upgrade. I think Blue Bunting will take all the beating however, in what is a vintage year for 3 year olds. The ground should pose no problems to the selection and I expect her to come out on top with both Crystal Cappella and Vita Nova the main dangers. 4.15 York Wild Coco Field of Miracles ran too badly to be true last time out so it is a worry that maybe she hasn’t got over whatever was wrong with her. If all is well though, she is a big danger to the selection. Polly’s Mark is interesting but I just feel she may vulnerable in the closing stages to stronger stayers. Wild Coco does looks to have an outstanding chance in this race, with everything in her favour. I am willing to forgive her latest effort and I feel she is much more at home with cut in the ground. Conditions shouldn’t dry out too much tomorrow and I feel the ground will be ideal. I am not being very adventurous with these selections but the favourites do look to have great chances tomorrow. 4.50 York Bow To No One I have followed this horse all season and he looks to have an excellent chance tomorrow. He probably found the trip too far last time out but has been running consistently well all season. His best run came at this course 2 runs ago when finishing a staying on 2nd to French Hollow. The extra 2f here should be in his favour and the talented Harry Bentley takes off a handy 3lbs. Ground shouldn’t be a problem and I fully expect this horse to be in the shake up. This horse deserves to get his head in front and hopefully this will be his day. The stable are in decent enough form at the moment and are operating at a nice profit thanks to a couple of big priced winners. If I don't win, hopefully the other half will win best dressed lady and win us a holiday!

Re: Flat Racing Thursday 18th August

Sport Horse Racing
Event York 14:00
Selection Crown Dependency
Strength 5/10
Date 18/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.75
Reasoning Won debut at Goodwood (6f). Next two was in Group company. 3rd of 15 by 2 ¼ lengths in the Norfolk Stakes at Ascot (5f). Last time out was for 4th of 13 by 1 ¾ lengths at Goodwood (5f) in the Molcombe Stakes. Return to 6f should only help. Favorites speak loudly in this race with them winning 3 of the last 4 renewals. The selection had faced some tough rivals in the last two and not having his luck did not help. Drop to a Class 2 from Group races will make things easier.
Sport Horse Racing
Event York 15:05
Selection Pendragon (Each-way)
Strength 3/10
Date 18/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 15.00
Reasoning Doing nothing wrong in four starts this year. It was at Thirsk (1m) in April for the Thirsk Hunt Cup where he began the year finishing 6th of 15 by 3 ¼ lengths. Off to Redcar (1m2f) a month later for a 6th of 15 by 4 ½ lengths in the Zetland Gold Cup. It was the Royal Hunt Cup at Ascot (1m) in June where he finished 4th of 28 by 2 ½ lengths. Then last month at Sandown (1m) in the Coral Challenge for 4th of 17 by 4 lengths. Trainer Brian Ellison have been preparing him well for his races and he should run well here.
Sport Horse Racing
Event York 15:40
Selection Vita Nova
Strength 5/10
Date 18/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 6.00
Reasoning Very unlucky last time out. Finished 2nd in the Lancashire Oaks by 1 ¼ lengths. He was tracking the leaders when the saddle slipped over 1f out. Jockey Tom Queally was nearly unseated but they stayed on well near the finish. The 4yo has only raced five times so there should be more to come. The stable also took last years winner Midday out of the race to run in the Juddmonte International yesterday so the selection must have been showing something good at home. Trainer Henry Cecil has done little wrong in Class 1 races the last 30 days. His form in that Class is 4 wins and 2 placed from 9 runs (115136321).
Sport Horse Racing
Event York 16:15
Selection Wild Coco
Strength 5/10
Date 18/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.88
Reasoning Trainer Henry Cecil has done little wrong in Class 1 races the last 30 days. His form in that Class is 4 wins and 2 placed from 9 that ran (115136321). The selection was beaten at Goodwood (1m6f) last time out there was differences from his previous two runs where she won. Last time out had a going of Good to Firm for the 1m6f trip. The two runs before that had a going of Good to Soft for the trip of 1m4f. Conditions today goes into her favor with the 1m4f trip and a Good to Soft going.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.