BBOTD 14th of August

Jade - Pontefract 4:00 Big chance tomorrow in my opinion. Course winner who was beat by a good looking type called Camberley Two trained by Charlton on his last outing. Interestingly Fallon has only ever rode this horse once and that was here at Pontefract and it won.. He is back on tomorrow and i think that could be significant. Runs off the same mark as last time out and has a big chance. Win @ 8/1 (Boylesports) BOG

BBOTD Sun 14th Aug 2.30 Pontefract A horrendous amount of pace in this race with several confirmed front runners and also plenty of prominent runners. I would fully expect this to be run at a very good pace and suit a hold up sort. Rain Mac is a very short priced favourite and in my opinion is well worth taking on. Having shown promise at york on handicap debut but then been off the track for nearly 2 months and possibly had problems having been a well held 8th in a competitive race, on breeding a step up in trip is a positive but would have needed to have shown a lot more last time out to be backed in this field. Lucky Windmill was an impressive winner round here over a mile last year in a maiden before going the wrong way in handicaps, dropped a long way in the weights and finally picked up a race at Hamilton again has to prove stamina for another furlong but that doesnt look a problem on last effort although that wasnt the strongest race and this looks more competitive off a 3lb higher mark and would ideally be suited with more cut in the ground than is likely. Trip The Light finally showed some promise last time out but again that wasnt the strongest race compared to this and the presence of plenty of other front/prominent runners is off putting here. Pass Muster was well backed last time out and dont think it was because I tipped him up last time lol! I wrote this last time out; Pass Muster might be worth taking on board at a big price, only 5 runs to date and still unexposed for all he disappointed last time out having bolted up at Beverley on penultimate start, that was off a mark of 81 disappointing next time out off a mark of 89 but handicapper quickly dropped him 2lb for that effort and has also changed yard so would be no surprise to see him bounce back back on fast ground today and with a couple of front runners in the field should ensure a true test and is clearly bred to be a stayer. Was badly hampered that day and wasnt given a hard race and therefore can be given another chance especially now having been dropped a further 1lb and also a useful apprentice takes off a further 3lb. Should get a race run to suit and if gets the gaps could have another chance at a big price. War Poet is another with a chance still potentially unexposed. He won at first try over this trip in handicap in May off a mark of 74 before running a decent race off a 8lb higher mark, was then hit with a further 4lb and was ultimately outclassed in the Old Newton Cup but handicapper giving him a chance reducing his mark 3lb and Tudhope takes back the ride and this looks a lot easier and will enjoy a strongly run race, The main one for me is Hong Kong Island who has improved for his new yard this season, he was only just mowed down late on behind Berling over CD who looks a very useful horse somehow gets to run off same mark which looks very lenient and useful apprentice takes off another 3lb today and he could still be improving ahead of the handicapper right now. Appears to go on fast ground aswell as some with some cut so no concerns there and course record is very impressive with 2 wins from 3 visits here. 1pt win Hong Kong Island 5/1 hills

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.