Poker question

gcunningham

One of my problems, is getting sucked into raising, not exactly someone sucking me into it, but kind of like I want to take part in the action type of getting sucked into raising, and see if someone is actually messing with me. Can you give suggestions to snap myself out of it?

Re: Poker question Do you multi-table? If your on playing a single table and cant resist the temptation to 'get involved' try playing another table, that way playable hands come up more regularly. If its just the temptation to re-raise a suspected bluff then it all depends, what stakes, position, reads on players, etc. If you're playing low stakes any 'moves' even from position won't be given credit so stick to ABC poker

Re: Poker question

Do you multi-table? If your on playing a single table and cant resist the temptation to 'get involved' try playing another table, that way playable hands come up more regularly. If its just the temptation to re-raise a suspected bluff then it all depends, what stakes, position, reads on players, etc. If you're playing low stakes any 'moves' even from position won't be given credit so stick to ABC poker
I don't do multi-tables but I think that's a very good suggestion. I'll try this one. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Poker question

yeah! It's quite difficult doing a multi table especially if you are not that experienced players. But I came across with one of my friends at (unauthorised advertising) that does this and he said it was ok. But really' date= what's the good in doing multi table?
you should try 2 tables then move up to 3,4etc until you feel comfortable. Can have a negative ev if you play too many. If you have a bonus or rakeback deal it means you will accumulate this easier and will stop the urge to overplay hands on 1 table.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Poker question As stated above don't just jump to playing 3 or 4 tables simultaneously or your game will suffer, start with 2. Personally I like to stagger my sit & go tables so that they're not all at the same level. Ie: start 1, get a feel for the players, once it reaches level 2 or 3 start another. Don't let this distract you tho, you should be constantly watching even if you're not in a hand so you cam figure out players styles and start to put them on a range.

• 2 weeks later...