Paper Testing

This is my first post so please forgive me if i have repeated anything in the forums. I need advise on a few systems i am paper testing. I need to know what profit is a good profit? for example i have 1 system:- Days 20 Bets 57 Win 26 Win 46% Profit points +30.16 I have other systems which have over 350 bets but need to know are they good or poor? Thanks for any help

Re: Paper Testing good luck hally and :welcome to PL any profit is a good profit but it also depends on the time put in and the stake used,if your useing your 30 points profit as 30 pence or cents and it has been time consuming to get it then its not so good, but if a point equates to £10/$10 or £100/$100 and there is little risk and not much time consumed then its excellent your 46percent strike rate is good if bets average say 5/4 upwards but evens and below your loseing if that makes sence..hope this helps

Re: Paper Testing thanks for the reply. each of my system takes 10 minutes each day, monday to friday. i have been staking 1 point per bet just to give me a good idea of how it works. so do you think any profit is worth putting "proper" money on it, or keep paper testing over a longer period? i have another system that is:- 168 bets Profit +33.39 thanks

Re: Paper Testing I'd say 57 bets or 168 bets are both too small a sample to be certain that either system will be profitable in the long term. It's still early days for both of them. If paper testing is starting to become tiresome, you could always start backing your selections with very small stakes to make it interesting. As the sample size builds up - and hopefully still shows a profit - you can increase your stakes accordingly. As twiiny said, any profit is a good profit. ;)

Re: Paper Testing Your doing good m8, stick up your systems and methods and just paper test if you want until fully ready to do it with real cash and keep a track of everything here on PL, I am sure you will get loads of advice/tips/suggestions also to what you are doing :ok