Course Stats : Trainers and Jockeys

Course Information Cards I am putting together information cards for each racecourse. These will show everything you'd want to know before running through the cards to find your selections. So far they show the draw bias and pace bias of every distance at the course. I also want to have a short table of the best performing trainers and jockeys. How to find trainers who can send their horses to a course and improve its chances of winning. RP has a similar thing when you click on the racecourse picture. They have a trainer and a jockey leaderboard listed by course wins - but is this helpful at all? Who cares if A Trainer has 34 course wins if the strike rate is 7%! I decided to list the trainers by win-strike-rate instead but decided there should be a cutoff of perhaps 10 winners to ensure no flukey trainers got in. Do you think place-strike-rate would be a fairer measure of sizing up a trainer at a particular course? How to decide if a Jockey can improve a horse at the course. For jockeys I had the same problem. Obviously a good jockey can improve a horse greatly in some instances. Do I want to look for a jockey with a high number of course-wins, or course-places, or course-strike-rate? What leads a trainer to pick a certain jockey for his horse? Does the trainer look at the jockeys record at a course and say "Well I think Speedy Gonzalez has a chance today so I want the best Jockey, I'll go for Andrew Bart because he has a great record around Thirsk" or does he pick the same old face as he always does. Ideas and Thoughts Welcome If anyone uses trainer or jockey info to help make there selections then I'd love to hear your views on how to make the most of this information, especially in regards to Trainer/Jockeys for course.

Re: Course Stats : Trainers and Jockeys Ummm, this is already readily available on the RP website. You can also view trainer and jockey partnership win rates with a few cilcks. It's a noble thought, but how do you plan on showing win rates at the track - in terms of wins, percentage or profit? Too much work, in my opinion, for something that's already there.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.