Flat Racing - Thur 28th

2:15 Goodwood - Tropical Beat - 12/1 bog various; Had this down to a shortlist of 3, spread right across the track. Boogie Shoes (1), Specific Gravity (8) and Tropical Beat (16). Tropical Beat's course form when just behind Club Oceanic being the main deciding factor - suggesting this mark will be well within his scope and confirming he goes on the track. Also unlucky in running Ascot form behind Sagramor, suggesting to me the weight turn around, a better passage, and the step up in trip will all be in the selection's favour. 2:45 Goodwood - Humidor - ew @ 16/1bog WH 2/2 at Goodwood, albeit in Handicaps. Stepped his form up a couple of notches lto at Sandown in a Group 3. These sprinters when they hit an upward curve can progress quite rapidly, and I am pinning my hopes on that being the case here - together with his apparent liking for Goodwood. 3:15 - Went round in circles. Think Opinion Poll will place but more likely to be a running on 3rd imo. Eventually coming down on the side of Manighar, but don't think there's any particular value in the 6/1 available 3:45 Goodwood - Field Of Miracles - 4/1bog WH That Ribblesdale run behind Banimpire looks to be really solid form, certainly - imo - stronger than what Wild Coco has shown so far. I'd not be laying any bigger than 5/2 for this one, so must back her at 4s. 4:55 Goodwood - St Augustine - 10/1bog WH Had this one between St Augustine and The Tichbourne. St Augustine looks ready for the step up to 7f, and this 5lb higher mark certainly wouldn't have prevented him winning on his last visit to Goodwood over a furlong shorter. lto staying on effort behind Coeus looks decent too, doing easily the best of those drawn low, and in behind he had nto winner Swiss Dream. 5:25 Goodwood - Reflect - 10/1bog Paddy Rock solid Haydock form on 2 of his last 3 runs, giving 4lbs to Brown Panther on the first occasion and going down by less than 2L. An unlucky in running behind subsequent Gordon Stakes 5th Highland Castle looks a decent effort too.

Re: Flat Racing - Thur 28th 3.05 Nottingham Eastern Hills has been in reasonable form recently but that has always been on the fibresand, not always the most reliable but he did win last time out at his first try over this trip but the concern has to be he will find things happening far to fast on fast ground over this trip at Nottingham plus all turf wins have come with cut in the ground. There is plenty of front runners in this field so this should be run at a good pace which should suit Go Nani Go who finally got back on track with a much better effort. He only has 1 win to date and that was on debut and looked a useful prospect but went the wrongway until last time out when not getting the clearest run through and I feel the effort can be marked up considering how far he came back from and troubled passage and how well he travelled into the race, gets to run off the same mark again today and if the gap appears he could prove hard to beat. Baby Queen is the other one I am interested in, she looked a speedy sort last season but didnt get her head in front and I have missed her this season but watching the replay from penultimate start when she showed all her speed to get an uncontested lead and ultimately won very easily by 4 lengths, hit hard by the handicapper for that but ran even better off revised mark when going down a neck to the fast finishing Triple Dream but still well held the remainder of the field, handicapper raised her a further 3lb but should she get her usual fast start and get that vital uncontested lead she is dangerous to dismiss in the form of her life! 2pt win Baby Queen 11/4 bet365 1pt win Go Nani Go 5/1 pp 7.25 Ffos Las I feel the Millman's could have a good night here at Ffos Las with several good looking runners and Money Money Money has been running with great credit all season and has really stepped up since running over this 2mile staying trip and has seen real improvement. She was unlucky at Kempton on penultimate start when hampered at a vital stage but made amends for that next time out when a 4 length winner at Lingfield, another 6lb rise looks more than fair enough for latest effort and the way she sticks her neck out is worth so much in the staying field as not always the most genuine bunch where as she is! Markington has gone the wrong way recently but is now 3lb below last winning mark on the flat but put in a very moody display over fences earlier in the week and attitude defenetily has to be called into question at the moment. West With The Wind has 3 CD wins to his name a 100% strike rate but that is all with fences around the trip and he has turned into quite a useful looking chaser but was pulled up in the Arkle as if something was amiss and now has well being to prove after nearly 4 months off the track but does find himself on a career low mark on the flat but has only won a maiden at southwell and always well held in handicap company so probably just a watch and see type of horse this time. The main threat to Money x3 could be Salontyre who ran a decent race 3lb out of the handicap in a decent race at Ascot on penultimate start and then built on that effort next time out at Chepstow when going down by a short head to Spinning Waters, unfortunately handicapper has had his say and has put him up 2lb for that effort and this is a stronger looking race again but with only 5 starts on the flat he still has potential untapped improvement in him yet and he is a reasonable hurdler rated in the mid 120's. 2pt win Money Money Money 7/2 bet365 1pt win Salontyre 7/2 bet365 8.30 Ffos Las Penang Cinta is a temperamental sort who is generally worth opposing these days for the win purpose especially away from Brighton where she tends to run her best races. Im also not keen on Shabak Hom who looks a tricky customer often pulls hard and doesnt shape as a true stayer having travelled well despite pulling hard before finding nothing turning for home at Folkestone last time out and I am not convinced a step up in trip is needed especially as he didnt stay at his only try at this trip. Green Lightening is another horse who is generally worth opposing for win purposes for all he looks well treated these days, now 8lb below last winning mark his attitude is often questioned as he has a tendency to race lazily and can often hang in a finish. Aviso is of interest who has ran his best race this season over 1m2f in an apprentice race and is well worth a try at this trip and if that brings out any improvement he is well treated now 5lb below last winning mark. Main concern is his well being after a nasty incident at Bath a couple of weeks ago when slipping up on the bend when dueling and going off far to fast under a jockey I personally dont rate (David Evans) he was still travelling well but that was a long way out and I would like to see a much more patient ride today and I think the jockey on board today John Fahy is well worth his 3lb claim and if staying this trip he could be a threat. That said On The Feather is the one they all have to go some way to beat in my opinion she finally got her head infront last time out after a string off solid placed efforts and was a well deserved victory she is a typically consistent mare from the Millman yard again who asserted in the final furlong at Salisbury earlier in the month and ultimately looked a comfortable winner and a 3lb rise seems extremely lenient with that form holding up well with 4th place winning next time out at HQ off a 1lb lower mark. She was giving lumps of weight away that day but races on more similar terms this time against horses of her own age. Yard continue there good season and hopefully she can continue to improve. 3pt win On The Feather 5/2 bet365 1pt win Aviso 6/1 bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.