Oddsmaker required

Re: ODDSMAKER REQUIRED

The true view of the bookies was made very clear on Betfair' date=' as they bet heavily against Sligo just before the off, taking their odds from a low of 1.56 up to 1.7 in the space of less than an hour.[/quote'] Probably just a terminology issue but the fact that the price drifted significantly before the off doesnt reflect the bookmakers 'view'. It reflects the fact that they misjudged their prices, got a lot of one sided action and are now trying to balance the books to reduce their exposure. So in fact its the bettors 'view' of the bookmakers original odds that is being reflected. In my opinion.

Re: ODDSMAKER REQUIRED

Probably just a terminology issue but the fact that the price drifted significantly before the off doesnt reflect the bookmakers 'view'. It reflects the fact that they misjudged their prices, got a lot of one sided action and are now trying to balance the books to reduce their exposure. So in fact its the bettors 'view' of the bookmakers original odds that is being reflected. In my opinion.
That was more or less my point. The bookies had cut the price on Sligo under the assumption that everybody and their dog was going to be placing a bet on them, but when they didn't get the action they expected they had to bet against Sligo to offload their risk, and as such they drove the exchange price towards what they knew was actually the fair price.

Re: Oddsmaker required Some of you should start up a Detective Agency. :lol Why do people on Betting forums always think up a scenario that suits their corner. :unsure Once again the point of the thread was to show that anyone creating odds that doesnt investigate the bookmakers odds is a fool and fools dont win. :ok

Re: Oddsmaker required

Some of you should start up a Detective Agency. :lol Why do people on Betting forums always think up a scenario that suits their corner. :unsure Once again the point of the thread was to show that anyone creating odds that doesnt investigate the bookmakers odds is a fool and fools dont win. :ok
or you made the point, that bookmakers aint perfect and make mistakes (calculated or not), and because of that, there is plenty of value out there to be exploited :cheers

Re: Oddsmaker required

mayfly A polite reminder that you were going to share your thoughts on the draw as the randomiser in football betting. Im looking forward to it :)
Yes sorry but I've been short of time as the NFL shutout finished and free agency is in a whirlwind. hopefully I'll knock out a thread by the weekend. :ok