Fading Favourites for Financial Freedom

After repeatedly running small amounts up to big amounts and losing those big amounts inside of a week or two I decided to put betting on the backburner and focus on other things in my life. This is a new strategy that focuses on laying low-priced horses to a small proportion of my bankroll and you're invited to join me. The key is small, consistent profits. Even small winnings will snowball into huge sums if they are allowed to compound. The minimum goal is to achieve 6 points profit per month. "But DM99!" I hear you say "that is tiny, and will never get you anywhere! I can make that in a day!" If you can make 6 points profit per month at a minimum where each point is 2% of your bank, then the bank doubles every six months. The financial goals are as follows: End of year one: 4 x start bank End of year two: 16 x start bank End of year three: 64 x start bank End of year four: 256 x start bank End of year five: 1024 x start bank This is LONNGGGG term. You need to bet on low priced horses since these are the only ones that have the liquidity, but this won't be an issue for at least another three years or so. You need to think really long-term here and don't get hung up over any bad week or month. If you stake a small amount of your bank per bet you will have plenty left to carry on. You also need consistency - the ability to get up after a really bad day with your emotions intact. Staking The only iron-clad rule here is with staking. Each month the bank will be adjusted into 1/50th or 2% sized points, and staking will be such that we win 1/50th or 2% of the bank (minus comms) after each successful lay; and we risk (horse odds - 1) x 2% each lay bet. Max odds will be around 5.0, so this is a max loss of 8% of the bank per bet, but we should average lower than that. I will try my hardest to get horse selections in more than 1 hour before the races kick off with max lay odds. For recording purposes I will use Betfair SP, it is not ideal and some horses will straddle the max odds boundary but it is the best we have. If a horse is on the odds border then take it if you are more aggressive, otherwise, play it safe and wait for the next one. Let's start with my brand new Betdaq account (with 2.5% comms) and initial bank of 100 units. Our lays will therefore win 1.95 units and our target for the next 30 days is to make the bank 112+ units. Remember: think long-term, consistency, and low risk per bet.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fading Favourites for Financial Freedom Six potentials today, all designed to be taken with max odds. Please note that they are not all the same! As stated above, use your common sense. The max odds are designed to limit exposure - if a horse is just a few ticks outside the odds limit then feel free to take it if you are comfortable with the extra risk. 4.30 Ascot - Point North (max odds 5.0) 4.40 Southwell - Pippa Greene (max odds 2.0) 5.30 Thirsk - Royal Blade (max odds 4.0) 7.50 Chepstow - Just for Mary (max odds 5.0) 8.10 Newmarket - Ithoughtitwasover (max odds 4.0) 8.30 York - Irish Boy (max odds 5.0) :hope that I don't get Bismarcked on Day One.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.