Flat Racing 15th July

2.20 Haydock This has turned into a 4 runner affair after 4 non runners and this makes Your Gifted look a massive price in my opinion. She has always performed better in smaller fields, she has been in great form recently trainer has put the improved form down to her being in foal. Last time outs effort can be forgiven as she raced up with a furios pace and probably paid for a hefty rise in the weights having won a apprentice handicap over CD in easy style, should find it easier to play a role in this smaller field under the same jockey that won on her and appears to get on well with her. Nomoreblondes is a massive threat if able to reproduce the win she produce last time out in apprentice handicap, unpenalised and I am always wary of that as many of these get turned over at short prices for one reason or another and she often needs a strong pace to chase and not sure she will get that. 1pt win Your Gifted 6/1 pp 3.40 Newbury Dont often bet in 2 yr old races but one entered my notebook at Royal Ascot and that was B Fifty Two, he was under pressure fairly early but stayed on well to take a slightly distant 5th finishing the best of the rest, prior to that run he beat the very useful looking Lilbourne Lad who has since won a 5 runner group 2 and a 5 runner listed event. He has a fantastic attitude for a youngster which I like to see, ground is no worry and is clearly improving with racing and has a decent speed rating from that run at Ascot. 1pt e/w B Fifty Two 9/1 lads 7.45 Hamilton Doc Hay is worth another chance having rapidly improved for his new inform stable this season. Perhaps excuses last time out when potentially racing on the wrong part of the track and also perhaps not suited to the steady pace in the early stages. Should get a much truer gallop in this field and just creeps into this off a very low weight and although a further 3lb higher in handicap than for last time out but still has potentially for going the right way, was running on late last time out over the 5f and has always looked better suited to a slightly longer trip or a really true test. He is also 2 from 2 round here although perhaps ground not ideal rain is due long before this race is due off which would increase his chances. 1pt win Doc Hay 7/1 lads

Re: Flat Racing 15th July BREAKHEART 5.20 Newbury. 0.5 points each way. A bit hit and miss, but has shown enough to suggest he can go well today and I like the fact they've put a visor on him. That could bring about some improvement, and if that's the case then can certainly win. 5/1 Bet365 BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.