Flat Racing 11th July

2.50 FFos Las Terrible weak event but that said one of these has entered my notebook recently and another I backed last time out. This could be run at a bit of a dawdle as there is not a single confirmed front runner in the field. Novebridge hasnt shown much recently and will need to improve to carry top weight against older horses. Just For Mary is another that has shown very little recently and mark has plummetted and will perhaps find this easier than the big fields he has competing in over in Ireland and always wary of an irish raider but even so needs to show more. Liberal Lady is an interesting runner off a lowly mark having shown plenty of promise in AW maidens and didnt win one in February to be honest that hasnt worked out to be the greatest race although 2nd did win off a handicap mark of 63 and she is rated 61, does need to prove as effective on turf and although perhaps ring rusty on return for new yard she was well held but return to 5f looks postive as did shape as if didnt get home over a soft ground 6f. The rest have shown very little except for Pinball who I tipped up last time out but his attitude is getting in the way of his ability at the moment and looks one to avoid until sorting that out. Hoh Hoh Hoh entered my notebook with a very weak pencil scratching he just showed very small promise last time out. He has been in rapid decline for the past 2 years, and last time out was first journey into class 6 and he travelled much better for a long way last time out and if that was a slight return to form he is so well treated on his best form clearly not that good now but even so cant be ignored in this field. Personally I would like to see him kicked on with as there is no obvious pace angle and just put his stamp on the race. Good ground no concern and useful apprentice takes off a handy 5lb. 2pt win Hoh Hoh Hoh 6.10 Windsor Again no obvious front runner in the field other than Equuleus Pictor who can make the running or be up with the pace. Gutted I missed him at Southwell last week simply because I wasnt sure a return to 6f was sure to suit and was also drawn wide which can often be bad thing. Took a wide trip throughout although probably ended up in the right part of the track in the home straight as it happened, appeared to win with plenty in hand. He had been promising to come back to his best this season and all his better form has always come on turf so the return to turf of no concern same for the switch back to 5f, has plenty of course form including a win and given that he could get a soft lead over a course that lends itself to a front runner should see him go well under a penalty with apprentice taking off further 2lb he remains 11lb below his previous last winning mark. 4pt win Equuleus Pictor 7/4 hills

Re: Flat Racing 11th July

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event Ffos Las 14:20
Selection Starlight Walk
Strength 10/10
Date 11/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 0.00
Reasoning This race appears much easier than her previous three runs this year. Placed 3rd, 2nd and 2nd in those runs. The latest at Newmarkert just 17 days ago in a field containing colts and geldings and it was a Handicap race. She was beaten 3/4 lengths by Crimson Knight whom connections entered in a Grade 3 next time out. Third place won a handicap maiden in the previous race. This field lacks the experience she faced last time. Penultimate run was at Leicester for 2nd to the 260,000gns yearling Galileo colt No Heretic.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.