Post Race Analysis

One of the most important things in racing and while I'm sure most people will view races back and make notes, either mentally, on a notepad or on their PC we don't really see much analysis on this section of the forum. I thought we could try and analyse one or two races on a weekend so we can all have some input, discussion, debate as to what we saw with our own eyes and to see how opinions may differ or be the same. I was going to suggest the July Cup and John Smiths Cup for today and maybe the Summer Mile at Ascot as it has only 5 runners. You often see comments after a race like "Quickened 1f out" yet you were at the races and felt the horse was just running on past beaten horses rather than quickening as reported. It is these kind of indiscrepancies or things that may have been missed like a jockey not even using a whip and easing a horse down or a horse getting hampered that are so important when analysing a race. Just wanted to get some discussion going for a Saturday evening so have a watch of the following 3 races today, all live on Channel 4, get them Sky +'d and watched back and then post your opinions/analysis in here and don't be afraid to post something that goes against what the commentators/pundits etc are saying. July Cup - Newmarket John Smiths Cup - York Summer Mile - Ascot :ok

Re: Post Race Analysis

One of the most important things in racing and while I'm sure most people will view races back and make notes, either mentally, on a notepad or on their PC we don't really see much analysis on this section of the forum. I thought we could try and analyse one or two races on a weekend so we can all have some input, discussion, debate as to what we saw with our own eyes and to see how opinions may differ or be the same. I was going to suggest the July Cup and John Smiths Cup for today and maybe the Summer Mile at Ascot as it has only 5 runners. You often see comments after a race like "Quickened 1f out" yet you were at the races and felt the horse was just running on past beaten horses rather than quickening as reported. It is these kind of indiscrepancies or things that may have been missed like a jockey not even using a whip and easing a horse down or a horse getting hampered that are so important when analysing a race. Just wanted to get some discussion going for a Saturday evening so have a watch of the following 3 races today, all live on Channel 4, get them Sky +'d and watched back and then post your opinions/analysis in here and don't be afraid to post something that goes against what the commentators/pundits etc are saying. July Cup - Newmarket John Smiths Cup - York Summer Mile - Ascot :ok
Good idea Mowgli, Sportinglife do post race analysis but not sure how quick this is available after a race. The Cherry Hinton is on the link below http://horses.sportinglife.com/Full_Results/0,12493,444752,00.html

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.